Gnuplot: reflexion of a graph in a quadrant to the other

In summary, the speaker is asking for help with generating a graph similar to figure 2 in a given PDF, using the code provided. They are specifically looking for a way to reflect the graph in the other quadrants using gnuplot. A possible solution is suggested, but it is uncertain as the speaker is not familiar with gnuplot.
sketos
Hello everyone,

I have generated a graph in one quadrant and i need to generate the reflexion of it in the other quadrants. I need to generate a graph like the one found in (http://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0103143v1.pdf) figure 2. The figure below show the graph i have i one quadrant.

2PCF.png

Anyone know how to take the reflection of it to the rest of the quadrants in gnuplot??

The code i used is:

set terminal postscript eps color enhanced size 7,7
set output '2PCF.eps';

set xlabel "r_p h^{-1}Mpc" font "Times-Roman, 25
set ylabel "{/Symbol p} h^{-1}Mpc" font "Times-Roman, 25
set xrange [1: ]
set yrange [1: ]set pm3d map
set view map
set style data pm3d

set dgrid3d 20,20
set hidden3d
unset surface
set pm3d at b
set cbtics 1 norangelimit
set cbrange [0:8]
set format cb "%3.1f"
set palette model RGB
#set palette defined

splot "data.dat" u 1:2:4 notitle

Physics news on Phys.org
Just a guess as I haven't used gnuplot in a while, and haven't ever really used the splot stuff. Can you do something like,

Code:
splot "data.dat" using 1:2:4 notitle, "data.dat" using ($1*-1):2:4, "data.dat" using 1:($2*-1):4, "data.dat" using ($1*-1):($2*-1):4

Last edited:
Thank you!

1. What is Gnuplot?

Gnuplot is a software program used for creating and visualizing data graphs. It is commonly used by scientists and researchers for data analysis and presentation.

2. How do I reflect a graph in a quadrant to the other using Gnuplot?

To reflect a graph in Gnuplot, you can use the "set grid" command to display a grid on the graph, and then use the "set mirror" command to reflect the graph across the desired axis. For example, "set mirror x" will reflect the graph across the x-axis.

3. Can I reflect only a portion of the graph in Gnuplot?

Yes, you can use the "set xrange" and "set yrange" commands to specify the range of data points you want to reflect, and then use the "set mirror" command to reflect that portion of the graph across the desired axis.

4. Is it possible to reflect a graph in multiple axes using Gnuplot?

Yes, you can use the "set multiplot" command to create multiple plots in one graph, and then use the "set mirror" command on each individual plot to reflect them across different axes.

5. Are there any other ways to manipulate graphs in Gnuplot?

Yes, there are various other commands and options in Gnuplot that allow you to manipulate graphs, such as rotating, scaling, and translating. It is a powerful tool for customizing and enhancing your data visualizations.