Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Going to a Hooka bar?

1. Feb 18, 2005 #1
    One my friends invitied me to go to a Hooka bar tomorrow night. I am debating on wether or not I should go. How bad is flavored tabaco for you? I know that it is bad, but I think it may be fun to socialze. Seeing how I am a double major in physics/chemisrty I don't really go to that many partys ( I have only been to one in my life) so the bad physical effects are some what off set by the drive for popularity. So how bad is smoking a hooka for you?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Socialize, but don't smoke. :cool:

4. Feb 18, 2005 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Depends upon what is in the hooka... Tobacco = :yuck:

5. Feb 19, 2005 #4

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

:rofl: :surprised

6. Feb 19, 2005 #5
    you cant laugh out loud rolling on the floor and THEN be surprised!

7. Feb 19, 2005 #6

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes,she can,she's surprised that in the convulsionate laughter she hasn't smashed her head against the door...

Danievil.

8. Feb 19, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If she only laughed out loud, she wouldn't have enough characters to post her reply. :biggrin:

But, I agree, if you want to socialize and you don't mind sitting in a smoke-filled room, go to socialize, but there's no need to partake in the smoking.

bjon, if you've only been to one party in your life, start making it more of a priority to give yourself some time off from the work. Not to the extreme franz goes to, but plan one Friday or Saturday night a month to enjoy yourself. You don't need to smoke or drink, just go to hang out and meet people (in fact, if you don't like to drink, you'll find you'll get invited to more parties than you expect if you are willing to be the designated driver; nobody ever wants that job and everyone knows they need one).

9. Feb 19, 2005 #8
    Everything in moderation. Occasional cholesterol, alcohol, tobacco, or drug use or ingestion is really not going to have an impact on your lifespan or health. (There is a small fraction of people out there with addictive personalities for whom the term "occasional" is meaningless, however. Hopefully you're not one of them.).

10. Feb 20, 2005 #9
    hooka is awesome, I goto this hooka bar in my city all the time with my friends. mint is my fav with gin n tonic. IMO it is clean fun. I have never smoked a cig in my life and the hooka doesn't make me cough or anything, just takes good and fun to do with friends.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  11. Feb 20, 2005 #10

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Brownies :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?