1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good books on thermodynamics - intermediate

1. Jul 15, 2013 #1
    I am a student of B.Sc in Electronics. I was actually preparing for my grad school Entrance Exams in Physics & for that i needed to find a Suitable Reference book (Totally Self Study). I already have a grasp of fundamental Thermodynamics (not so much in Entropy :uhh:) and Ideal Gases. I have the following Syllabus at hand :(apart from what i Already Know)

Maxwell’s thermodynamic relations and simple applications. Thermodynamic potentials and their applications. Phase transitions and Clausius-Clapeyron equation. Ideas of ensembles, Maxwell-Boltzmann, Fermi- Dirac and Bose-Einstein distributions.

Presently I'm Studying From Dittman & Zemensky's Thermodynamics. The Problem is It Contains Far too many Experimental Results on which they base further sections of the Theory. This doesn't Go down well with me because i don't have any lab Exposure in this Subject (I'm from Electronics like i said) and hence don't have any attachment towards studying the Experimental Aspects.

Please Suggest a book of my Level & type.

PS : For the Sake of my own Knowledge i'd also like to know of a Book on Statistical Mechanics on my level.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2013 #2
    any help ??

4. Jul 29, 2013 #3
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. Jul 29, 2013 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted