What are some must-see documentaries about space and technology?

• Thread starter slagathor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Documentary
In summary, the person is new to the website and looking for good documentaries about space and technology. They specifically mention wanting ones that are not outdated or contain false information. They also mention liking the "Horizon" series and "Modern Marvels" for their engaging content. Others suggest checking out PBS NOVA's online videos for more options.
slagathor
helle there!

im new here on this site, been active without a account but now i made one to join the forums!
so I am looking for good documentarys that does not contain false information or very old ones ( don't mind old ones if the information is right!)
im really into technology and i like everything about space.
its not that iam super smart about space and now a lot of the math stuff. but i like the story's about our solar system and gasses other stars some explanation etc.
do you guys know some good documentarys or some you say,
''you must see this!''

thanks for reading all have a nice day

greetz Slagathor

Physics news on Phys.org
There's a series of documentaries from the UK called "Horizon" that I quite like, they touch on a lot of scientific topics from cosmology, geology, physics, chemistry, maths etc and are usually very engaging! I watched "Fermat's Last Theorem" recently and it was fascinating!

I'm sure it's not legal in most countries, but you can watch them online, I'll leave that as a Google exercise for you. :)

There are a few other science doco series affiliated with the BBC too, I think PBS is one? Modern Marvels is cool too, it's from the US and it's more engineering focused.

Hello Slagathor! Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question. I am always excited to see people interested in space and technology. Here are some must-see documentaries that I would recommend:

1. "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" - This documentary series, hosted by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, explores the wonders of the universe and our place in it.

2. "The Farthest: Voyager in Space" - This documentary tells the story of the Voyager spacecrafts and their incredible journey through our solar system and beyond.

3. "Apollo 11" - This documentary uses never-before-seen footage to tell the story of the first moon landing.

4. "The Inexplicable Universe: Unsolved Mysteries" - Hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson, this documentary delves into some of the biggest mysteries of our universe, such as dark matter and black holes.

5. "Particle Fever" - This documentary follows the scientists at CERN as they search for the elusive Higgs boson particle.

6. "The Mars Generation" - This documentary follows a group of young people who are training to be the first humans to go to Mars.

7. "The Search for Life in Space" - This documentary explores the possibility of life beyond Earth and the efforts of scientists to find it.

I hope you enjoy these recommendations and continue to expand your knowledge about space and technology. Have a great day!

1. What are some documentaries that explore the history of space exploration?

Some must-see documentaries include "The Space Race" (2019), "Apollo 11" (2019), and "In the Shadow of the Moon" (2007). These documentaries dive into the early days of space exploration and highlight major milestones and achievements.

2. Are there any documentaries that focus on current advancements in space technology?

Yes, there are several documentaries that cover current developments in space technology. Some examples include "The Next Frontier: Future of Spaceflight" (2020), "Living Universe" (2018), and "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" (2014). These documentaries showcase cutting-edge technology and ongoing projects in the field of space exploration.

3. Are there any documentaries that explain the science behind space travel?

A few documentaries that delve into the science of space travel include "The Farthest" (2017), "The Universe" (2007), and "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking" (2010). These documentaries use scientific explanations and visual aids to help viewers understand the complexities of space travel.

4. Are there any documentaries that focus on the impact of space exploration on society?

Yes, there are several documentaries that explore the societal impact of space exploration. Some examples include "The Planets" (2019), "One Strange Rock" (2018), and "Cosmic Front" (2005). These documentaries discuss how space exploration has shaped our understanding of the universe and how it has influenced our daily lives.

5. Are there any documentaries that highlight the challenges and risks of space exploration?

There are a few documentaries that address the challenges and risks of space exploration. Some examples include "Mars" (2016), "Space Station" (2002), and "The Last Man on the Moon" (2014). These documentaries showcase the physical, technical, and psychological challenges that astronauts face during space missions.