Challenges and Triumphs in Calculus: A Student's Perspective

• Testing
  • Thread starter LogicalAcid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algebra Exam
In summary: Haha, I see what you mean. I'm taking Calc BC, and basically skipped pre-calc. Just a junior though Reality is a complex subject.In summary, the person is stating that they don't think that there is anything difficult in calculus, and then making a sarcastic comment about the average student not being able to do calculus.
LogicalAcid
Only one in the class, not to brag, just happy that I did well. It was simple stuff, combing polynomials, finding area of polygons, linear equations .

Physics news on Phys.org
Congrats. Continue like that. :smile:

congrats. Now, prove the pythagorean theory (try on your own!). Do this by tomorrow, it will be an excellent exercise :D.

Calculus by next year, right? :D

There's an awesome proof in The Road to Reality.

lompocus said:
Calculus by next year, right? :D

Heh, it wasn't that hard. :biggrin:

theJorge551 said:
Heh, it wasn't that hard. :biggrin:

Only that silly mental block toward it everyone has :O.

lompocus said:
Only that silly mental block toward it everyone has :O.

...I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or serious here...o_O I don't think everyone has said mental block..

sorry, it's a mix of both :P. The comment is sarcastic in that I don't see anything difficult with at least what I've seen in calc so far (and please note that what I've covered is only the ap calc stuff), while being serious when taken from the point of view of the average student in an ap calc class. I'm too vague, and these smilies :O are not conveying enough information xD...

lompocus said:
sorry, it's a mix of both :P. The comment is sarcastic in that I don't see anything difficult with at least what I've seen in calc so far (and please note that what I've covered is only the ap calc stuff), while being serious when taken from the point of view of the average student in an ap calc class. I'm too vague, and these smilies :O are not conveying enough information xD...

Haha, I see what you mean. I'm taking Calc BC, and basically skipped pre-calc. Just a junior though I pretty much agree with you there, the average intro calculus student seems to be quite out of it. Can't wait for Linear Algebra (or multivariable calc...or both o_O) next year. ^_^

1. How did you prepare for your algebra exam?

I prepared for my algebra exam by attending all of my classes, taking detailed notes, completing practice problems, and seeking help from my teacher and peers.

2. What study techniques did you use to achieve an A on your algebra exam?

I used a combination of techniques, including creating flashcards, making study guides, practicing with sample problems, and teaching the material to others.

3. Did you have any challenges while studying for your algebra exam?

Yes, I faced challenges like understanding certain concepts and managing my time effectively. However, I sought help and studied consistently to overcome these challenges.

4. How did you stay motivated during your algebra exam preparation?

I stayed motivated by setting goals for myself, rewarding myself after completing study sessions, and reminding myself of the importance of doing well in the exam for my overall academic success.

5. Can you share any tips for others who want to get an A on their algebra exam?

My advice would be to attend all classes, take detailed notes, actively participate in class, practice consistently, seek help when needed, and stay motivated by setting goals and reminding yourself of the importance of the exam.