1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grad school: SDSU, SJSU, SFSU, CSULA, CSULB?

1. May 11, 2009 #1
    Ok, so I timed out while writing this post (at work) so I will summarize:

- I'm new to the forums, and I look forward to meeting new colleagues and friends.

- I've been accepted to San Diego State, San Jose State, San Francisco State, Cal State LA and Cal State Long Beach for MS programs in Physics.

- I'd like to get advice on the strengths and weaknesses of these schools, if possible. Anything you know about any of these schools? Any advice?

- I'm looking to go into Renewable Energy, specifically Photovoltaic Module Fabrication & Design. Which would be the best school - of those listed - to pursue this at?

- I'm visiting SDSU, CSULA and CSULB next week; what questions should I ask the Graduate Advisors? When I take tours of the departments, what things should I be looking for in the labs/classrooms/elsewhere?

- I know these aren't top tier schools and I'm not a prestigious student, however I'm committed to working hard in whatever program I do attend and am earnestly asking for advice, so please refrain from comments not related to the topic at hand.

Once again, I look forward to hearing from everyone!

- LelandHockey

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2009 #2
    Hello,

I'm a recruiter from Cal State LA. In regards to our Physics department, I would highly reccomend you get in contact with Dr. William Taylor, Professor of Physics Emeritus at our university: wtaylor@calstatela.edu. He is very student oriented and could hopefully point you in the right direction. Hopefully we're the right campus for you, if not, I wish you the best in your academic career.

Frank Cornelio
    fcornelio@cslanet.calstatela.edu

Our wonderful Dr. Taylor: http://www.calstatela.edu/dept/physics/wtaylor.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook