1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grades for finals come out today at 8pm!

1. May 17, 2005 #1
    Whooohoooo!! I can hardly wait. I was shooting for all A's...but yeah....History held me back! Oh well...I shall soon see the final result of all those sleepless nights that I spent studying...
  2. jcsd
  3. May 17, 2005 #2
    Good luck.
  4. May 17, 2005 #3
    Finally those many hours paid off! Good luck and well done. Take time to unwind during your summer vacation.
  5. May 17, 2005 #4
    good for you! hard work does pay off.Now go have some fun.
  6. May 17, 2005 #5
    I kinda went overboard on my "ushing in summer vacation". I went surfing for 3 hours. No sunscreen. Talk about dumb! yeah I know. Heh..I haven't left the house since Saturday. The sunburn has been THAT bad!

But I'll post my grades in the next hour or so...
  7. May 17, 2005 #6
    AND MY GPA DOESN'T BUDGE...oh well....work harder next time

Term GPR: 3.538 13.0 14.0 46.00
    Current Cumulative GPR: (05C) 3.528 53.0 54.0 187.00
    Total Transfer Hours: 6.0
    Total Hours: 60.0
  8. May 17, 2005 #7

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

Sleepless nights at the end of the semester mean you did not prepare well. Anyone studying on the train or bus on the way to a final obviously does not know the material. If you still get high grades you are at a mickey mouseketeeer school. wake up and learn.

or did you mean sleepless nights all semester long?
  9. May 17, 2005 #8
    Yeah, I just learn the stuff as I go along in the course. Hell, I don't even take notes. I just listen to the teacher and read the book. Unless something that's not in the book is taught... then I have to take notes. Sometimes. ;) I've never crammed the night before. Total waste of time, since you get really stressed about it and end up not really learning anything.

Instead of studying on the train or bus to school the day of the test, do it every day you are going there.

10. May 18, 2005 #9
    Do not rain on other people's parades! This is her time in the sun, not yours!

Thank you!
  11. May 18, 2005 #10
    Don't sell crap man...mathwonk is totally right...

BTW Karen, in all honesty, you are a very beautiful girl...
    Please, tell me something more about yourself like what do you study and how old are you ?

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  12. May 18, 2005 #11
    Did I say he was wrong? All I'm saying is that there's a time and a place for everything, and I found his comment to be out of place.
  13. May 18, 2005 #12

I had my classes well balanced until the end of the semester. There was this final project in Engineering Design Graphics (I modeled an alien and made it dance to "House of Pain's Jump Around") . I poorly chose to put off the project as much as I could. Then when I needed to review for my last tests in my other classes I couldn't because I was spending 12 hour days in the engineering lab. And I'm just now going back and relearning those last few lessons in calculus.

But as for the rest of the semester I worked hard. I made sure I knew the theory behind the problems. I actually like to work math and physics problems...they comfort me.
    Last edited: May 18, 2005
  14. May 18, 2005 #13
    I'm 19 & I'm studying mechanical engineering.
  15. May 18, 2005 #14
    Good good, i am 25 and phd student in physics...where do you live ?

16. May 18, 2005 #15
    I think a PM might be more suitable?
  17. May 18, 2005 #16
  18. May 18, 2005 #17

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I have a hunch Marlon already has a girlfriend,possibly fiancée...:uhh: :tongue2:

And Karen is gorgeous.

19. May 18, 2005 #18
    Thanks for the compliments. Not used to that at all. Very flattering!
  20. May 19, 2005 #19
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21. May 19, 2005 #20
    I find that hard to believe given your physical appearance

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?