Grades for finals come out today at 8pm

In summary, the 19 year old mechanical engineering student says that he is hard working and has balanced classes until the end of the semester. He states that he did poorly on his final project and has to relearn calculus. He also compliments Karen on her beauty.
karen03grae
Whooohoooo! I can hardly wait. I was shooting for all A's...but yeah...History held me back! Oh well...I shall soon see the final result of all those sleepless nights that I spent studying...

Physics news on Phys.org
Good luck.

Finally those many hours paid off! Good luck and well done. Take time to unwind during your summer vacation.

good for you! hard work does pay off.Now go have some fun.

z-component said:
Finally those many hours paid off! Good luck and well done. Take time to unwind during your summer vacation.

I kinda went overboard on my "ushing in summer vacation". I went surfing for 3 hours. No sunscreen. Talk about dumb! yeah I know. Heh..I haven't left the house since Saturday. The sunburn has been THAT bad!

But I'll post my grades in the next hour or so...

AND MY GPA DOESN'T BUDGE...oh well...work harder next time

GEN CHEM FOR ENGINEERS CHEM-107-525 A
VOLLEYBALL-BEGINNING KINE-199-321 S
COMPUTER GRAPHICS ENDG-408-501 A
ENGINEERING MATH III MATH-251-501 B
HISTORY OF THE U S HIST-105-502 B
Term GPR: 3.538 13.0 14.0 46.00
Current Cumulative GPR: (05C) 3.528 53.0 54.0 187.00
Total Transfer Hours: 6.0
Total Hours: 60.0

Sleepless nights at the end of the semester mean you did not prepare well. Anyone studying on the train or bus on the way to a final obviously does not know the material. If you still get high grades you are at a mickey mouseketeeer school. wake up and learn.

or did you mean sleepless nights all semester long?

Yeah, I just learn the stuff as I go along in the course. Hell, I don't even take notes. I just listen to the teacher and read the book. Unless something that's not in the book is taught... then I have to take notes. Sometimes. ;) I've never crammed the night before. Total waste of time, since you get really stressed about it and end up not really learning anything.

Instead of studying on the train or bus to school the day of the test, do it every day you are going there.

PL

mathwonk said:
Sleepless nights at the end of the semester mean you did not prepare well. Anyone studying on the train or bus on the way to a final obviously does not know the material. If you still get high grades you are at a mickey mouseketeeer school. wake up and learn.

Do not rain on other people's parades! This is her time in the sun, not yours!

Thank you!

OptimusPrime said:
Do not rain on other people's parades! This is her time in the sun, not yours!

Thank you!

Don't sell crap man...mathwonk is totally right...

BTW Karen, in all honesty, you are a very beautiful girl...
Please, tell me something more about yourself like what do you study and how old are you ?

marlon

Last edited:
Did I say he was wrong? All I'm saying is that there's a time and a place for everything, and I found his comment to be out of place.

mathwonk said:

I had my classes well balanced until the end of the semester. There was this final project in Engineering Design Graphics (I modeled an alien and made it dance to "House of Pain's Jump Around") . I poorly chose to put off the project as much as I could. Then when I needed to review for my last tests in my other classes I couldn't because I was spending 12 hour days in the engineering lab. And I'm just now going back and relearning those last few lessons in calculus.

But as for the rest of the semester I worked hard. I made sure I knew the theory behind the problems. I actually like to work math and physics problems...they comfort me.

Last edited:
marlon said:
Don't sell crap man...mathwonk is totally right...

BTW Karen, in all honesty, you are a very beautiful girl...
Please, tell me something more about yourself like what do you study and how old are you ?

marlon

I'm 19 & I'm studying mechanical engineering.

karen03grae said:
I'm 19 & I'm studying mechanical engineering.

Good good, i am 25 and phd student in physics...where do you live ?

marlon

marlon said:

marlon

I think a PM might be more suitable?

I have a hunch Marlon already has a girlfriend,possibly fiancée...:uhh: :tongue2:

And Karen is gorgeous.

Daniel.

Thanks for the compliments. Not used to that at all. Very flattering!

gravenewworld said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

marlon

karen03grae said:
Thanks for the compliments. Not used to that at all.

I find that hard to believe given your physical appearance

marlon

a little too much wine I presume

yeah 3.54 is an adequate GPA, does your college go by a plus/minus scale? e.g. 4.333 as an A+. It certainly nice that you showed us your results, as most students don't even show a hint of gratitude for the help.

No plus or minus scale. 4.0 is the highest possible G.P.R. (grade point ratio)

moose said:
I think a PM might be more suitable?

:rofl:

welcome to the internet

a/s/l btw? :rofl: :rofl:

cronx', i still laugh at your remark in gale's picture thread.

1. When will the grades for finals be released?

The grades for finals will be released today at 8pm.

2. Where can I check my grades for finals?

You can check your grades for finals on the designated website or portal provided by your educational institution.

3. Will the grades be posted for all subjects at once?

It depends on your educational institution's policy. Some may release all grades at once, while others may release them individually as they become available.

4. Is there a possibility that the grades may be delayed?

Yes, there could be unforeseen circumstances that may cause a delay in the release of grades. However, your educational institution will inform you if there are any changes to the scheduled release time.

5. Can I request for a re-evaluation or review of my final grades?

It depends on your educational institution's policy. Some may allow for a re-evaluation or review of grades, while others may not have this option. You can check with your institution for their specific guidelines.