Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grand Unified Field Theory

1. Nov 21, 2008 #1
    Hi there people. Just wanted to bring up the idea of unified field theory and see what you think about it and so forth..... create a dialogue or even a tryalogue.

Is it or is it not the general crown jewels of science to find a theory that can be applied to any system and therefore predict outcomes etc??

Does anyone know anything about this or have a comment?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2008 #2
    There are LOTS of online rsources...for a quick introduction try:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_unification_in_physics_mean

GUT is basically trying to combine a quantum theory and General Relativity in a new formulation in extreme conditions where neither individual theory currently works ....due to extreme gravitational and mass densities...like black holes and "big bang"...

4. Nov 21, 2008 #3
    Thanx Naty1, but I was more interested in hearing peoples thoughts on it. I know what it is supposed to be and everything......

In fact I know what the solution to the theory is. :wink:

5. Nov 21, 2008 #4
    Whatever you do don't tell the people here. Write up a paper and submit it and kick back and bask in the glory. I knew if I waited around here long enough someone would come in and solve everything.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?