Graph of a Differentiable Function with f(2)=0 and Opposite Derivative Trends

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bashyboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Concepts Writing
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Bashyboy
Messages
1,419
Reaction score
5

Homework Statement


Sketch the graph of a differentiable function f such that f(2)=0, f' < 0 for -infinity < x < 2, and
f' > 0 for 2 < x < infinity.



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I have answered this question correctly, but what interested me was that in the back of the book it said that individual answers may vary. When I answered this, I immediately thought of a parabola, but I was wondering if an absolute value function would work as well.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Bashyboy said:

Homework Statement


Sketch the graph of a differentiable function f such that f(2)=0, f' < 0 for -infinity < x < 2, and
f' > 0 for 2 < x < infinity.



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I have answered this question correctly, but what interested me was that in the back of the book it said that individual answers may vary. When I answered this, I immediately thought of a parabola, but I was wondering if an absolute value function would work as well.

Is abs differentiable?