Greedy Balance Alg (Load Balancing): What is k in the ##min_k T_k ## term

  • Thread starter Thread starter zak100
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Balance Term
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
zak100
Messages
462
Reaction score
11
TL;DR
Hi,
I am having trouble in understanding Greedy balance algorithm in the context of Load Balancing
I am trying to understand the term ##min_k## ##T_k ## in the following algorithm. At other place they said that it represents min load on any machine but I can’t understand the usage of variable ‘k’ which is not assigned any value.

what is min_k T_k in Greedy Balance alg.jpg
Some body please guide me ,what value is assigned to k in the term ##min_k## ##T_k##?

Zulfi.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This lecture mentions the same pseudo code above but adds a line describing the k selection.

https://www.win.tue.nl/~mdberg/Onderwijs/AdvAlg_Material/Course%20Notes/lecture5.pdf

It looks like k is the index to the machine with the lowest T