What are some areas of physics that you find most fascinating?

• Thread starter Preston
  • Start date
Preston
Hello all,

My name is Preston. I am Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (double) Major, and I'm in my sophomore year. I personally find physics fascinating. However, if I had to pick a particular area of physics since it basically entails (or seeks to entail) the way the entire universe operates, I would narrow in on the physics of sound. I'm a huge nerd when it comes to the science of sound, and enjoy building/designing loudspeakers in my spare time (which doesn't really exist at the moment). The next thing you should know about me is that I legitimately enjoy learning-- even tedious learning and the struggle to understand things at the conceptual level, beyond the math that systematically lays stuff out. For that reason, I am excited to glean some new knowledge from this forum, and even contribute where I am able.

- Preston

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Preston. Welcome to Physics Forums. :)

Hi there! I am new here too ( i used to be a member long ago but there's been a long gap) i love the physics of sound. I am currently in grad school for soft condensed matter physics and i just feel so lucky to be learning all these amazing stuff :)