Guidance to a physics future thanks

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking guidance on learning mathematics and pursuing a degree in the field. They admit to being lazy in the past but are now motivated to improve. They mention being a visual learner and wanting to find helpful learning materials. The conversation also touches on the importance of understanding basic principles in math and recommends specific books for studying algebra and linear algebra.
Grengoshi
Hello every one, I do not know if this thread is in the right place, if it is not I can repost in appropriate place. I do not want to bother any admins or high users because of my error.

I always had a passion for physics theoretic but never found myself good at math. Currently I am pushing myself to learn algebra all over again and trying to build my mathematic back ground up. I am about to start college and I am trying to major in mathematics to strengthen my weakness. If anyone could help me in the correct direction as to what mathematics would be good for me to learn, and even guide me a little. I am not asking for anyone to hold my hand I just need a decent guide to help me start out.

I admit I was lazy for the first part of my life but I want to change that, I realize my passion and I want to follow through with it. However it’s difficult to learn on my own so if someone also knows a decent teaching aid for learning formulas mathematics I would be appreciative

Bachelor’s mathematics minor physics
Master physics
PHD quantum physics
I may not be the smartest apple in the world but damn hell if I am not going to try.

Thanks

p.s I am a visual learner, its difficult to see things in my mind that i can't put to paper. just putting that out there.

Physics news on Phys.org
To understand most of undergraduate math you just need to know a few basic principles very well. Math is not really about memorizing formulas, although those can be handy.

Algebra is all about abstraction. People find some structure they are interested in studying. This structure comes with its own rules and by playing the game one can learn some interesting things. By studying the game long enough one can acquire deeper intuition about the objects of interest.

In high school algebra we mostly deal with polynomials. They are natural things to look at because they are built with the basic operations of addition and multiplication.

Linear algebra, for example, is the study of vector spaces and linear transformations. Since linear transformations can be represented as matrices, there is usually a lot of related matrix theory as well.

Calculus is about change, measure, sensitivity, and relative size. Analysis, with all its epsilons and deltas, is about trying to make our intuitive notions about these things precise, or rigorous. I recommend going through Michael Spivak's Calculus and doing as many problems as possible. There are many many books on linear algebra, but you should definitely learn about vector spaces. Don't come out not knowing what a linear transformation is (sadly some people who take engineering-based linear algebra courses are like this).

Linear algebra is especially important, try to learn it well.

Thanks a lot :) its nice to have some guidance. I will start to look into this materials. Again ty for the info

1. What is the purpose of guidance to a physics future?

The purpose of guidance to a physics future is to provide individuals with information and resources to pursue a career in physics and to understand the various paths and opportunities available in this field.

2. Who can benefit from guidance to a physics future?

Anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in physics, whether it be in research, academia, or industry, can benefit from guidance to a physics future. This includes high school and college students, as well as professionals looking to make a career change.

3. What kind of information is typically provided in guidance to a physics future?

Guidance to a physics future typically includes information on educational requirements, career opportunities and paths, research areas, and resources for networking and professional development. It may also include personal stories and advice from individuals currently working in the field.

4. How can guidance to a physics future help me achieve my goals?

Guidance to a physics future can help you gain a better understanding of the field and the steps needed to pursue a career in physics. It can also provide you with valuable resources and connections that can aid in your professional development and help you achieve your goals.

5. Is guidance to a physics future only for those pursuing a career in physics?

No, guidance to a physics future can also be beneficial for those interested in learning more about the field of physics and its applications in various industries. It can also be helpful for individuals looking to improve their understanding of scientific principles and concepts.