Happy 175th Birthday Harriet - [Harriet died]

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Harriet the tortoise celebrated her 175th birthday with a pink hibiscus flower cake at her retirement home in Australia.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Happy 175th Birthday Harriet! - [Harriet died]

CANBERRA (Reuters) - One of the world's oldest living animals, Harriet the tortoise, celebrated her 175th birthday on Tuesday -- with a pink hibiscus flower cake at her retirement home in northern Australia.

Australia Zoo, where Harriet has spent the past 17 years, says the Giant Galapagos Land Tortoise was collected by scientist Charles Darwin in 1835, although some historians have disputed this.[continued]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051115/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_australia_tortoise_1
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Harriet!
http://latvlegends.com/SheriffJohn/SherJ10.JPG
Listen
http://latvlegends.com/SheriffJohn/sheriffjohn.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Happy Birthday Harriet!

WOw . Happy Birthday I guess... I learn something weird every day :biggrin:

LOL! I saw this thread and was wondering who the heck Harriet was...it didn't seem like a familiar member name, and I didn't see anyone on the birthday list with that name. :rofl: It's a turtle! I'm sure Artman, Danger, Huck, and DocToxyn will be celebrating by offering a free turtle wax.

Maybe I should modify the title just a bit less poor Harriet will miss the fame she's due. :biggrin:

you know what I've noticed about hibiscus flowers, actually all flowers, they never taste as good as they look

Harriet, World's Oldest Known Animal, Dies

Created:6/23/2006 5:26:05 PM
Last Updated:6/23/2006 6:48:43 PM

Harriet the turtle, the oldest known animal in the world, has died at the age of 175 in Australia.

Harriet the turtle had been the star attraction at the Australia Zoo. "She had a very fairly acute heart attack and thankfully passed away quietly overnight," Dr. John Hangar of the Australia Zoo said Friday. [continued]
http://wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=50354

RIP Harriet! :frown:

I hope you had a great 175 years! :cool: :smile:

Sad to see such a great animal go :cry:

They say she didn't look a day over 150.

Harriet did not die for natuarl causes as the offical report said. The report says that he died form an "acute" heart attack like the want to belevie that's just what they wanted to belevie when that guy died from a "massive heart attack" but obviouly didn't. So what's the turth? Harriet was assainated by a covert cell gourp of Creationist so they could use his death as propaganda method against the darwinsit.

We all knwo that harriet sacrificed herself to honor the great Xenu :rolleyes:

Ivan Seeking said:
They say she didn't look a day over 150.
They say she knew Charles Darwin. What will come out when her Secret Diaries are discovered and released?

Maybe she didn't die at all, she just evolved into another dimension .
Sad all the same :(

Rest in peace harriet

What is the significance of Harriet's 175th birthday?

Harriet's 175th birthday marks a major milestone in her life and legacy. She was a famous abolitionist and political activist who fought for the rights of African Americans and women. Her birthday serves as a reminder of her contributions to the fight for equality and justice.

How old was Harriet when she died?

Harriet Tubman died on March 10, 1913 at the age of 91. She was born in 1822, making her 91 years old at the time of her passing.

What impact did Harriet have on society during her lifetime?

Harriet Tubman was an influential figure in the fight against slavery and for women's rights. She is best known for her role as a "conductor" on the Underground Railroad, helping hundreds of enslaved individuals escape to freedom. She also worked as a nurse, spy, and activist during the Civil War and continued to advocate for the rights of African Americans until her death.

How is Harriet's legacy remembered today?

Harriet Tubman's legacy is remembered through various monuments, memorials, and historical sites dedicated to her. She is also featured on the U.S. twenty-dollar bill, becoming the first African American and woman to appear on U.S. currency. Her story continues to inspire and educate people about the fight for freedom and equality.

How can we honor Harriet's memory on her 175th birthday?

There are many ways to honor Harriet Tubman's memory on her 175th birthday. You can visit her birthplace in Maryland, attend events and celebrations in her honor, or educate others about her life and legacy. Another way to honor her is by continuing her work and fighting for justice and equality for all individuals.

Back