Hardwood floors - good or evil?

Evo
Mentor
Depends on how perfect you want your floors. Scratches and stains aren't acceptable for me. I didn't grow up with wood floors, no one had them. We did have a cork floor in the dining room, very bizarre trendy 50's, my mom was into Dutch Modern. She had most of our furniture custom made. I always had made to order beds where I got to choose my own fabric. I just assumed this was how everyone lived. I was in for a rude awakening. My mother had her underwear custom made for her by the family's tailor when she grew up, so buying pre-made underwear at a store was a rude awakening for her. So my "finickyness" comes honestly. :redface:

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I always had made to order beds

Same here! I made the bed when mom ordered me to do so. :tongue2:

Evo
Mentor
Same here! I made the bed when mom ordered me to do so. :tongue2:
Buwahaha!!! :rofl:

But I know what you mean about children of the 50's growing up with carpet. You had to have carpet. I still don't get the cork floor though. Of course that room was only used 2-3 times a year. I remember when it was replaced with some odd pebble stuff, but imbedded in a clear acrylic like substance. It was like a river bed. :uhh: Although it was cool and I spent a lot of time looking at it. My mom traveled to the beat of a different drum. Not suprising I'm so weird, eh?