Have you seen this commercial?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: The Brat's bed wasn't big enough for a decent run to the landfill/recycle facility. I would love for them to re-issue the Forester with only the front seats and a large cargo bed. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. There is nothing better in the snow and ice. Pickups (even 4x4's) are deadly in slick conditions. Subaru could address that easily.The Brat's bed wasn't big enough for a decent run to the landfill/recycle facility. I would love for them to re-issue the Forester with only the front seats and a large cargo bed. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. There is nothing better
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I just saw this commercial on tv for the 2011 Mediocrity car. :rofl:

If I was looking for a car, I would want one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJ5-gC9Fmo&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJ5-gC9Fmo

http://www.subaru.com/content/static/fightmediocrity/index.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I would love to have a car the you "never have to think about...and I mean never"!

I took one out for a spin. I found it just average for cars in its class.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I took one out for a spin. I found it just average for cars in its class.
That's what I hear.

Yes, I'm looking for a car with four doors, and with mirrors.

Wow! This looks like an exact replica of a car!

I want to drive down the middle of the road in one!

BobG said:
Wow! This looks like an exact replica of a car!

I want to drive down the middle of the road in one!
Can I have a heads-up on your itinerary? Please?

Pfff...already drive one of those.

Now I miss my Mazda Protege! :cry:

My father lives on the edge. We have 2009 Subaru Foresters bought a month apart. He treats his like an off-road vehicle, and has to shut off the anti-skid control feature when he is in slippery muddy conditions so he can get maximum traction. I have less than 7000k miles on mine and he's well over twice that. I wish Subaru made pickups. I'd retire my old Nissan.

turbo-1 said:
My father lives on the edge. We have 2009 Subaru Foresters bought a month apart. He treats his like an off-road vehicle, and has to shut off the anti-skid control feature when he is in slippery muddy conditions so he can get maximum traction. I have less than 7000k miles on mine and he's well over twice that. I wish Subaru made pickups. I'd retire my old Nissan.

Of course you know they used to, sort of...The Brat. And they tried to revive it with The Baja, which totally lived up to Subaru's reputation of having the most ugly and awesome cars on the road :rofl:. But for some reason The Baja didn't catch on.

lisab said:
Of course you know they used to, sort of...The Brat. And they tried to revive it with The Baja, which totally lived up to Subaru's reputation of having the most ugly and awesome cars on the road :rofl:. But for some reason The Baja didn't catch on.
The Brat's bed wasn't big enough for a decent run to the landfill/recycle facility. I would love for them to re-issue the Forester with only the front seats and a large cargo bed. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. There is nothing better in the snow and ice. Pickups (even 4x4's) are deadly in slick conditions. Subaru could address that easily.

Blame KFC

There was some trade row with Germany in the 60s over imported chickens, so as revenge the US introduced punitive taxes on imported trucks.

The Baja was an attempt to get a truck in classified as a car so there was no tarif - ironically the Chrysler PT Cruiser is classified as a truck to avoid emmisions requirements.
Funnily enough it seems to mainly hurt US companies, Ford was importing panel vans with seats and windows fitted from their plants in europe (busses don't count) - then removing the seats and putting them in landfill and replacing the windows to make trucks.

Ok, back to mediocrity. :cool:

1. What is the purpose of the commercial?

The purpose of a commercial is to advertise a product or service and persuade consumers to purchase or use it.

2. Who creates commercials?

Commercials are typically created by advertising agencies, which are specialized companies that work with clients to develop and produce advertisements that appeal to their target audience.

3. How are commercials made?

The process of creating a commercial typically involves brainstorming and developing a concept, writing a script, casting actors, filming or animating the commercial, and post-production editing.

4. Do commercials have an impact on consumer behavior?

Yes, commercials can have a significant impact on consumer behavior. They use persuasive techniques and emotional appeals to influence people's opinions and purchasing decisions.

5. How long does it take to produce a commercial?

The length of time it takes to produce a commercial can vary depending on factors such as the complexity of the concept, the amount of filming or animation involved, and the post-production process. On average, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to produce a commercial.