Greetings from an Old Friend: Checking In!

• Thread starter franznietzsche
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Greetings
In summary, Franz has been away for a long time and has returned to find that the universe has been conquered. He has been missed and is looking for something to do next.
franznietzsche
Hello old friends, new entrants, and people I have generally not spoken to in a very long time.

I was talking to an old friend from here and decided to log into see what has happened in my long absence. How has everyone been?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, we have conquered the world sense you have been gone. By next year the universe should be all ours too!
Nice to see you, you have been missed.

franznietzsche said:
Hello old friends, new entrants, and people I have generally not spoken to in a very long time.

I was talking to an old friend from here and decided to log into see what has happened in my long absence. How has everyone been?
Too long absence entails a tuna in your face. SMACK!

arildno said:
Too long absence entails a tuna in your face. SMACK!

Don't they have more interesting fish up there than Tuna? I think that Franz deserves better than that!

Perhaps a Betta splendens? I've seen it around somewhere here in PF.

https://www.physicsforums.com/customavatars/avatar15228_9.gif

Welcome back Franz, You haven't done yourself a favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
franznietzsche said:

We've wondered where you were and what you've been up to. Welcome home, fn.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Don't they have more interesting fish up there than Tuna? I think that Franz deserves better than that!
Ok, next time, I'll box his ears with a pike.

Welcome back Franz! So, you somehow escaped the volcano? We just assumed that Cyrus pushed you in when you won the co-funniest member award with him since one of you had to be sacrificed to the PF volcano gods. :uhh:

How's life treating you?

Moonbear said:
Welcome back Franz! So, you somehow escaped the volcano? We just assumed that Cyrus pushed you in when you won the co-funniest member award with him since one of you had to be sacrificed to the PF volcano gods. :uhh:

How's life treating you?
Pssst, MB, Pengwuino won co-funniest with Cyrus.

WB, Franz, I was axctually wondering about you and Smurf the other day. How is everything?

Evo said:
Pssst, MB, Pengwuino won co-funniest with Cyrus.

Oh, oops. :redface: I'm getting all the long-lost members confused now. :rolleyes: I just turned a year older, it's not my fault. :uhh:

I'm wondering if this was some sort of franznietzsche drive by?

Sorry for the drive by as hypatia put it. I just remembered I had posted this a month ago and forgot to check it. I was locked away in a hotel for a week after starting the thread for work related obligations. Long story.

At any rate, the long story on the last two (?) years was changing majors, moving, moving again, working, moving again. I've bounced around quite a bit, not really sure what I want to do.

What is the purpose of "Greetings from an Old Friend: Checking In!"?

The purpose of "Greetings from an Old Friend: Checking In!" is to reach out and reconnect with old friends or acquaintances. It is a way to show that you are thinking of them and to catch up on each other's lives.

How can I use "Greetings from an Old Friend: Checking In!" effectively?

To use "Greetings from an Old Friend: Checking In!" effectively, make sure to personalize your message and mention specific memories or experiences you shared with the person. Ask open-ended questions to encourage a conversation and show genuine interest in their life.

Is it appropriate to use "Greetings from an Old Friend: Checking In!" for professional contacts?

It depends on the nature of your relationship with the professional contact. If you have a strong personal connection with them, it may be appropriate. However, if your relationship is strictly professional, it may be better to use a more formal form of communication.

What if the person does not respond to my "Greetings from an Old Friend: Checking In!" message?

Don't take it personally. People are busy and may not have the time to respond right away. Give them some time and try reaching out again in a few weeks. If they still do not respond, it may be best to respect their boundaries and not continue to reach out.

Are there any potential downsides to using "Greetings from an Old Friend: Checking In!"?

One potential downside is that the person may not want to reconnect or may not have positive memories associated with you. It is important to respect their boundaries and not pressure them into responding or continuing the conversation if they are not interested.