Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello all

1. Nov 12, 2014 #1
    Hello everyone. My name is Lou. It's been 32 days since ... Oops... wrong forum!

I'm a Systems Analyst/Programmer by trade (was a Control Engineer prior to Y2K,) and a science junkie at heart.

I live in Arizona (and yes - asphalt can have a liquid state here in the summer.) I can also attest that 'Dry Heat' is an over-rated advantage to living here. When it's 120 degrees, it 'only feels like 119. Oh Boy!

I tend to be fairly skeptical to claims that just seem a little 'too good' to be true. Perpetual motion, free energy, that sort of thing. I did like the Simpson's episode where Lisa invented a perpetual motion machine though. Especially Homer's response: "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics..."

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2014 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome loquin, love your sense of humor!

4. Nov 12, 2014 #3

RonL

Gold Member

Hello loquin,
    I'm so disappointed that you won't be open-minded to my PM ideas, but welcome to PF:D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook