How can you handle Thai basil's early flowering?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the first episode of Hell's Kitchen airs tomorrow night and people are excited for it. Cyrus loves the show and is psyched for the first show. Chef Ramsay is great and people who like cooking competitions will love the show.
Math Is Hard said:
I'm going to go out a limb and predict that dinner service doesn't go well next week.
:rofl:
Do they "have to" give one of them a job?

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
:rofl:
Do they "have to" give one of them a job?
That would be an interesting wrinkle. "You are BOTH gone!"

Three things you shouldn't say when trying to win Hell's Kitchen:

1) "I can't cook meat!"
2) "It's RAW!" (mocking Ramsey)
3) "I thought Michelin was a tire!"

Math Is Hard said:
Three things you shouldn't say when trying to win Hell's Kitchen:

1) "I can't cook meat!"
2) "It's RAW!" (mocking Ramsey)
3) "I thought Michelin was a tire!"
:rofl: I was thinking that when she said it.

I'm not a small man, but I would want to wear that "Grizzly Man" bear-suit before saying #3... that or be able to run terribly fast.

$5 says Trevor bites the dust tonight.

Math Is Hard said:
$5 says Trevor bites the dust tonight.
Just watch him win. :eek:

Even worse, that snake Russel Diablo wins.

I'd seriously love it if they shut it down with no winner. That would be awesome. But, he'll go back and some loser will win it.

Evo said:
Just watch him win. :eek:

Even worse, that snake Russel Diablo wins.

Ever since you mentioned Russel's widow's peak I can't look at him. That drives me up the wall now.

Math Is Hard said:
Ever since you mentioned Russel's widow's peak I can't look at him. That drives me up the wall now.
It's horrible, give that man a pitchfork. Oh, like the Hell's Kitchen pitchfork. Ahahaha.

She's never cooked scallops? In her life?

And Gail has gone into the twilight Zone again, like always, she gets confused when there is more than 1 thing to do.

Ramsay has walked out before, and the chefs will rally and push out the food, then Ramsay returns. This has been done before.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:

The Japanese have an idiom which means precisely what "widow's peak" does... translated it's a lot like: "Mt. Fuj brow(ed)". Mt. Fuji is a literal Widow's Peak in the mountainous sense... go figure!

I really hope you're right Evo... there should be no winner.

OH, and ladies, thanks for getting me hooked on a show I used to HATE... my male friends are still laughing... I can hear them. :cries:

It is way past time for Trev to go home.

Math Is Hard said:
It is way past time for Trev to go home.
At least he made carrot puree, he just didn't plate them. :wink:

What was with the talk with Jillian? Do you think she might be the one he's thinking of for finalist?

Last edited:
I think he might be trying to salvage Jillian. He's getting desperate.

Math Is Hard said:
I think he might be trying to salvage Jillian. He's getting desperate.
Yeah, those 4 together could not run a restaurant. Maybe the next twist will be a runner up from a previous season gets thrown in.

Maybe they'll bring Raj back!

I did a favor for an ex-boss yesterday and for some reason he suddenly decided that I could be the twin brother of Gordon Ramsay.
I said "Isn't he an a**?"
My ex-boss replied, "Hey, that's two things that you have in common!". :rolleyes:

Borg said:
I did a favor for an ex-boss yesterday and for some reason he suddenly decided that I could be the twin brother of Gordon Ramsay.
I said "Isn't he an a**?"
My ex-boss replied, "Hey, that's two things that you have in common!". :rolleyes:

HA! You gave him a straight-line nobody could resist. :biggrin:

nismaratwork said:
HA! You gave him a straight-line nobody could resist. :biggrin:
Yeah, I walked right into that one. :tongue:

Jillian won the fusion battle without even recognizing any ingredients? Luck or rigged?

Evo said:
Jillian won the fusion battle without even recognizing any ingredients? Luck or rigged?

Ruck! ...or is it Ligged...

Anyway, I think I finally understand why Ramsey is always so angry...

Evo said:

Ramsey was being so sweet to her. I thought, "oh yeah, she's toast." :rofl: When it is late in the game, it seems quite common for contestants to win a challenge and get some nice treats -- right before they are axed.

nismaratwork said:
Anyway, I think I finally understand why Ramsey is always so angry...

Do tell...

Season Finale tonight! Will it be Beelzebub or Nona?

WOOHOO!

YEAH BABY!

NONA!

Wow, did you hear the threats that Beelzebub Russell made? What a loser!

Oh, thank God it wasn't Russell. No one would work under him - he's violent.

Math Is Hard said:
Oh, thank God it wasn't Russell. No one would work under him - he's violent.

That was definitely the best outcome from a pretty weak field. That Russel guy really had some serious emotional stability 'issues'... I think someone should check his home for pit-dungeons or bodies in the crawl-space. :wink:

'It puts the hollandaise on the poached egg or it gets the hose again!'

nismaratwork said:
That was definitely the best outcome from a pretty weak field. That Russel guy really had some serious emotional stability 'issues'... I think someone should check his home for pit-dungeons or bodies in the crawl-space. :wink:

'It puts the hollandaise on the poached egg or it gets the hose again!'

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think those people on his finale team might want to get restraining orders against him.

Math Is Hard said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think those people on his finale team might want to get restraining orders against him.

Oh yeah, he's not a happy puppy AT ALL.

Oh man I was so excited. The thread title lead me to believe they were doing a raw food season!

dreiter said:
Oh man I was so excited. The thread title lead me to believe they were doing a raw food season!
Most of their food is raw. :tongue2:

It's on! And this looks worse/better than ever!

Wow, last night was a doozie! And it's on again tonight! MIH, are you watching? They couldn't even sear scallops, they all came out like white little discs.

If you missed last night's show, you can watch the entire show online.

http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/

I'm going to watch it again before tonight's episode 2 airs, just to catch anything I missed last night.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Wow, last night was a doozie! And it's on again tonight! MIH, are you watching? They couldn't even sear scallops, they all came out like white little discs.
Way to ruin expensive seafood!

I'm trying to figure out how they do the casting call.

"Do you think you're an excellent cook, but friends tell you you're horrible? Please call the FOX contestant hotline at..."

Back