Help: Analytical Solution to Coupled ODE

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with solving a coupled ODE and whether there is an analytical solution. One person mentions that the problem lies in the first and second equations and that once the solution for one function is found, the other is easy. Another person suggests reducing the system to a non-linear second order ODE with one unknown function, but notes that the solutions cannot be expressed in a closed form in the general case and must be dealt with numerically.
Raz91
Hello ,
I tried to solve this coupled ODE but with no success
Does anyone know if there is an analytical solution to this equation?

k55ohh.jpg

my problem is with the first & the second equations the term g*f is the my biggest problem i think
once i have the solution for g - the solution for h is trivial.

THANK YOU!

Physics news on Phys.org
The system can be reduced to a non-linear second order ODE with one unknown function only. But the solutions of this non-linear ODE cannot be expressed on a closed form in the general case (It might be possible in case of particular values of the parameters).
So, in the general case, the problem must be dealt with numerical means.

Attachments

• Non-linrar ODE.JPG
    Non-linrar ODE.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 449

1. What is an analytical solution to coupled ODE?

An analytical solution to coupled ODE refers to a method of solving a system of ordinary differential equations (ODEs) using mathematical expressions or formulas. This approach involves finding exact solutions without using numerical methods or approximations.

2. How is an analytical solution to coupled ODE different from a numerical solution?

An analytical solution provides exact values for the variables in the ODE system, while a numerical solution uses approximations and algorithms to estimate the values. Analytical solutions are often preferred for their accuracy and simplicity, but they are not always feasible for complex systems.

3. What are the advantages of using an analytical solution to coupled ODE?

One advantage is that it allows for a deeper understanding of the system and its behavior, as the equations are solved symbolically. Additionally, analytical solutions can be more efficient and faster to compute than numerical solutions, especially for smaller systems.

4. Can an analytical solution be applied to any system of coupled ODEs?

No, not all systems of coupled ODEs have analytical solutions. In fact, most real-world systems are too complex to have analytical solutions. In these cases, numerical methods are necessary to find approximate solutions.

5. Are there any limitations to using an analytical solution to coupled ODE?

Yes, there are a few limitations. As mentioned earlier, not all systems have analytical solutions, so it may not be possible to find a solution using this method. Additionally, analytical solutions may only provide solutions for certain initial conditions and parameter values. Lastly, analytical solutions may not be able to capture the full complexity of a system, as they are based on simplified mathematical models.