1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help.for the IMO.

1. Oct 20, 2011 #1
    hello friends .
    i need to your help please.i am a hight school student.and i want participat in the international olympiad .i heard about AMC.WOOT.USAMO.AIM.and i don't inderstand what does it mean.
    i know that i need to ressources to work.but i have no idea about it.
    please help me .

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2011 #2

disregardthat

Science Advisor

Get yourself a book on problem solving. I recommend "Art and craft of problems solving" by Paul Zeits. Also do a lot of problems from high school competitions. Begin with the easiest ones, and when you get a good grasp of the general ideas move on to a more difficult competition. What I mean by this is when most of the problems seem trivial and easy, then you should move on to something harder. You should also be familiar with and comfortable with applying basic proof techniques. This is my advice.

4. Oct 20, 2011 #3
    Which country do you live in? It can often be quite hard to be selected for a national team. It can come down to luck more than anything, so do not count on going to IMO. Just enjoy the problem solving process.

5. Oct 21, 2011 #4
    thanx .i am from morocco

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook