Help: Frequently asked AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank?

In summary, if you have a bank of student questions from AP Physics or PHY 101, please reach out to me. As experts, it is important for us to understand the questions that novices have in order to better teach and explain concepts. Thank you.
ClimberT8
If you have a collection of questions (possibly with your answers) that students have asked during AP Physics or PHY 101 (so high school or college level physics) I would love to hear from you. As "experts", it is very difficult for us to imagine the questions that novices (first time learners, students) have, however I recall from teaching college/university Physics years ago that students had questions, lots of them, I simply never recorded them. If you have recorded them or otherwise have some kind of a bank of student questions or know of the existence of one, please get in touch with me here, we can go off-site later.
Example of a student question: "Why doesn’t or can’t the spring 'know' what mass is attached to it?"
Thank you.

Science news on Phys.org
I think you are not getting much response because the kind of things you are asking for are items most of us would never bother to write down at all.

Hi there,

I have taught AP Physics and PHY 101 for several years now, and I can definitely relate to the struggle of remembering all the questions that students have asked. However, I have started keeping a record of the questions that my students ask during class and during office hours.

One common question that I have received is, "Why doesn’t or can’t the spring 'know' what mass is attached to it?" This is a great question and it shows that the student is thinking critically about the concept of mass and its relationship to springs.

In response, I usually explain that the spring itself does not have the ability to "know" what mass is attached to it. The behavior of the spring is determined by its own properties, such as its spring constant and the amount of force applied to it. The mass attached to the spring simply affects the amount of force applied to the spring, which in turn affects its behavior.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like to discuss further.

1. What topics are covered in the AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank?

The AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank covers a wide range of topics including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, and modern physics.

2. Is the AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank suitable for self-study?

Yes, the AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank can be used for self-study as it provides comprehensive practice questions and solutions that cover all the major topics in the course.

3. Are the questions in the AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank similar to those in the actual exam?

Yes, the questions in the AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank are designed to be similar in difficulty and format to those in the actual exam, providing students with an accurate representation of the types of questions they can expect.

4. How can I access the AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank?

The AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank can be accessed through various online platforms, such as study websites or review books, or it can be purchased from educational publishers.

5. Are there any specific strategies or tips for using the AP Physics or PHY 101 questions bank?

Yes, it is recommended to start with the easier questions and gradually move towards the more difficult ones. It is also important to review the solutions to understand any mistakes and to practice under timed conditions to simulate the exam environment.