Help How many is enough to get you banned?

• Thread starter Tenshou
  • Start date
In summary, the individual has received a large number of infractions and is concerned about being banned. They are unsure of the limit for infractions and question the difference in points and duration for different types of infractions. The forum guidelines provide information on the infraction points system and explain that more serious infractions may result in higher points and longer expiration times. It is advised to listen and stop breaking rules to avoid receiving infractions.
Tenshou
I have noticed that I have been receiving a large number infractions, and I just wish to know: "How many infractions is enough to get me banned". I cannot find where the limit is, I just want to know if I should leave before I get banned, or keep asking my questions on this forum. And why do some infractions last longer than others?

Physics news on Phys.org
See the Disciplinary Actions paragraph of the "Physics Forums global guidelines" which are "pinned" near the top of this forum, for a description of the infraction points system.

Some kinds of infractions incur more points than others, and/or expire after a longer period of time than others, because we consider those infractions to be more serious. Also, repeating the same type of infraction is likely to escalate the number of points and/or extend the expiration time.

Last edited:
Thank you jtbell. I guess I had over looked.

I suggest that you start listening when you are told repeatedly to stop breaking the rules, that is why you have received infractions.

1. How many times can I ask for help before getting banned?

The exact number of times is not specified, as it depends on various factors such as the context and severity of the help being requested. However, consistently spamming or excessively asking for help can lead to a ban.

2. Can I get banned for asking for help from multiple sources?

As long as the help being requested is genuine and within reason, asking for help from multiple sources should not result in a ban. However, if the help is deemed to be trolling or harassing, it can lead to a ban.

3. Is there a limit to the amount of help I can receive before getting banned?

Again, the answer to this question depends on the context and intent behind the help being requested. If the help is genuine and within reason, there is no set limit. However, excessive or inappropriate requests for help can result in a ban.

4. How do I know if my help requests are considered spam?

If you are consistently asking for help on the same topic or in a repetitive manner, it may be considered spam. Additionally, if the help being requested is not related to the subject or is deemed to be trolling or harassing, it can also be considered spam.

5. What can I do to avoid getting banned while still receiving help?

Make sure that your help requests are genuine and within reason, and avoid excessive or inappropriate requests. It is also important to follow any specific guidelines or rules set by the platform or community in which you are seeking help. If you are unsure, it is always best to ask for clarification from the moderator or community leader.