1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HELP I'm struggling in physics

1. Dec 10, 2005 #1
    HELP!!!! I'm struggling in physics

I have a wksht that has 10 questions, I need help with 3. If you could show me the answers and explain (in detail to a certian degree) how you arrived at that answer i would appreciate it. Thanks.

If the voltage difference between a positive and a negative region on the paper is 5.0 V, how much work would be needed to move 2.0 C of charge from the negative to the positive region?

How much energy is necessary to move a 1.0 C charge on a 1.0 V equipotential to any other point on that equipotential?

A multimeter reads 6.0 V when the probes are placed at points a and b. Point a is near a negative electrode and point b is near a positive electrode. If a 1.0 C charge is moved from point a to point b, what happens to its electric potential energy?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I think the ground rules are that you need to show some of your own work before anyone can "tell you the answers" and explain how we arrived at our answers. :)
  4. Dec 10, 2005 #3
    Why current will not during reverse biasing through a dioad?
  5. Dec 10, 2005 #4
    That is my problem.....I don't know how to do it....I don't have the formulas...If you can give me the formulas, then i can show some work and then you can tell me what is wrong.
  6. Dec 11, 2005 #5

Homework Helper

Do you know the UNITS of Voltage, Work, and charge? How are the UNITS related? That's how you figure out what the "formulas" are.
  7. Dec 11, 2005 #6
    I am not smart like you guyz. my teacher is a quack and some guy who minored in physics teaches us over the internet. I am no longer asking for the answers, just a push in the right dirrectioin ie a formula or somehtin.
  8. Dec 11, 2005 #7
    Not everybody is "Science Smart", but don't sell yourself short. Everybody is good at something, this just happens to be a science forum. I think you'd be more right to say "science is not my thing".

Anyway, tell us what YOU know so far. Formulas and such that you know of.
  9. Dec 15, 2005 #8
    NVM....i figured it out after 5 hours of wasted time that you guys could have cleared up in 10 min. Thanks
  10. Dec 15, 2005 #9
    To go from no clue to finished: you must have learnt quite a bit during that process.

I guess thats the benefit of not spoon feeding.
  11. Dec 17, 2005 #10
    not really....I had someone push me 1/2 way down the track, and i worked for 5 hours to finish....so much for no spooning.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?