Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help in Explaining Motor Dynamics

1. Feb 23, 2010 #1
    EDIT: Sorry for posting in wrong board. I will repost this in the homework section. Could someone please delete this post? Thank you

Here is a copy of my notes on the motor. Basically it's just some of Newton's Law of Rotation combined with Kirchoff's Laws. Then we put the model into state space form.

Could someone just please explain to me the meaning of the equations? It's been a while since I've had physics. Thanks alot for any help!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5769/dynamics.jpg [Broken]

I would just love to be able to derive these equations instead of just copying them down, but they're not explained in my book.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2010 #2

uart

Science Advisor

Hi tehipwn. I can explain all the aspects of this but to make it easier could you please narrow down the part that is giving you problems to one (or more) of :

1. The motor and load models themselves.

2. The derivation of the DE's from these models.

3. The arrangement of the resultant DE's into a state-space form.

BTW. Note that there is a typo in those notes. The dot above the equals in the second equation should actually be above the theta (meaning time derivative of theta).

4. Feb 24, 2010 #3
    There are actually a couple typos in the equations, but I have made another thread in the proper homework board where all the typos are fixed. I have explained in more detail where I would like help in that thread, found here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=2595750#post2595750"

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook