IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006 - Get Help Now

• Thread starter nanga
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about finding past papers for IGCSE level math. The suggest sources are the official websites of the exam boards and the CIE website which has all subject resources available. Some tips for the exam include practicing textbook problems and drawing different curve functions within a limited time. There is also a mention of a specific question from last year's paper involving graphing and finding the function of a curve. The reason for not releasing previous years' papers is to prevent cheating.
nanga
:rolleyes:

does anyone know were to get math past papers for igcse level

year 2006 will be really helpfull

:approve:

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I don't know if you'll find 2006 papers but this is where you can check it out:

http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec/igcse/subjects

all subject resources are availabe in this link.

Good Luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you know what exam board you are studying with then they generally have past papers on their web sites. I think Edexcel and CIE will be most likely candidates.

I did that paper last year. There is nothing special about that paper. The previous papers were far harder. Just practise textbook problems. If you are doing paper 4 practice drawing lots of different curve functions within 5 minutes.

By the way last year's paper had people to graph y = 1/x + 3x. It simply then asks you to find the function of the line where the curve converges into.

The exam boards tend not to release previous years' papers as schools use them for mock exams - it is to prevent cheats such as those who did so last year...

What is the purpose of IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006?

The purpose of IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006 is to provide students with practice and preparation for the IGCSE Math exams. These past papers offer a way for students to familiarize themselves with the exam format, types of questions, and level of difficulty. They also allow students to identify their strengths and weaknesses, and work on improving their skills before the actual exam.

Where can I find IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006?

IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006 can be found online on various websites such as the official Cambridge Assessment International Education website, as well as other educational websites. These past papers are also available in bookstores and can be purchased as a physical copy.

Are the IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006 still relevant?

While these past papers are from 2006, they are still relevant as the IGCSE Math curriculum and exam format have not changed significantly since then. However, it is recommended to also practice with more recent past papers to stay updated with any changes in the curriculum.

How can I use IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006 effectively for studying?

To use IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006 effectively, it is recommended to first attempt the papers under exam conditions, without any assistance. After completing the paper, go through the solutions and identify any mistakes or areas for improvement. It is also helpful to redo the paper after some time has passed to track progress. Additionally, it is beneficial to use these past papers as a study tool by practicing specific topics or question types that may need more attention.

Can I rely solely on IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006 for my exam preparation?

While IGCSE Math Past Papers 2006 are a valuable resource for exam preparation, it is not recommended to rely solely on them. It is important to also refer to other study materials, such as textbooks, notes, and online resources, and to seek guidance from teachers or tutors if needed. Additionally, practicing with other past papers from different years can provide a more well-rounded preparation for the exam.