1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me please about Fleming's Rule

1. Aug 3, 2010 #1
    I am not sure about Fleming's Rule

The difference between Fleming's Left Hand Rule and Fleming's right Hand Rule.
    Fleming's left hand rule there or not ? I think ,there are only Fleming's right Hand Rule.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2010 #2
    I've never heard of the left hand rule. I've only used the right hand rule for figuring out the movement of particles in magnetic fields. For negative particles, you just use the right hand rule as usual, and flip the direction of the particles movement at the end.

4. Aug 3, 2010 #3

For left hand rule, I not sure >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleming's_left_hand_rule_for_motors

5. Aug 8, 2010 #4
    Bear in mind that the orientation of B field is just a convention.

Some teachers of mine use an adaptation of the left rule to determine the direction of certain forces - they say it avoids confusion, but I don't share this opinion.

6. Aug 26, 2010 #5
    it is very easy, you can apply fleming's left hand rule, when current produces motion in the wire under the external magnetic field. e.g, when you tun on the switch , the fan begins to rotate, electric motor also doing the same, but fleming's right hand rule, when motion produces current in the wire under the external magnetic field. e.g, electric generator. when water falls on the turbine the coil rotates under the magnetic field , the current produces

7. Aug 26, 2010 #6
    any body know about induce emf

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook