1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help needed filling AIF for Waterloo.ENG

1. Jan 30, 2008 #1
    I have to fill out an admission informations form.

One of the questions:
    3. Personality Traits
    Engineering is a profession to which individuals can contribute in various ways. Some engineers are entrepreneurial; some are very creative and original; while others are more conservative and methodical in their work. Similarly, some engineers are strong leaders with management skills, while others contribute as strong team players in a supportive role. Discuss your particular personality traits, with reference to the activities summarized in sections 1
    and 2. [limit 300 words]

section 1 is basically about my activities (extracurricular and curricular).

I don't really know what to write. Does anyone know what the admission office is looking for or have any tips or guidance?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2008 #2
    "I am a very fastidious individual and I don't like to get the wrong answer - while I was writing this synopsis of my personality I consulted www.physicsforums.com to see what other people thought would be an appropriate response for this form."

4. Jan 30, 2008 #3
    lol...

5. Jan 30, 2008 #4
    Talk about any leadership roles you've taken, or leadership qualities, its a very important trait in engineering to take lead on new idea and creativity.

I cant tell you exactly what they're looking for, when I filled out this form I was lazy and answered with one liners because thought I would be choosing to go to Mcmaster. I changed my mind however and luckily I was still accepted despite appearing to be a big flake on these forms, hah.

6. Jan 30, 2008 #5
    AFAIK the AIF can only help your admission average, so they won't deduct marks based on the AIF though I believe you can get up to 5% added based on your AIF.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?