1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help Organizing Math Problems

1. Jan 28, 2014 #1
    Most my life I have had a very unsteady hand. As a result have used that as an excuse to do very messy and unorganized work. I have gotten away with it, but now in Calc 2 it would be really nice if I could go back over my work and actually know what it was that I was doing. I would like to know if there is a universal way to show the work for a math problem and what that is; I would also like to know if anybody else has had this problem and if anyone has any advice they can offer me.

I feel like it important to note that I will always have an unsteady hand. I suffered a very serious break to my wrist when I was younger and my writing has really suffered.

I am not sure if it important but I am only 16 and a junior in high school. This was never something the public education system ever taught.

I really want this problem fixed before I go off to college so I can be a better student, and so I don't have to be embarrassed to show others my work.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2014 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Why not rewrite it once you solved it? That's what I did in graduate school - worked the problem out on scratch paper and transferred it to looseleaf afterwards.

4. Jan 28, 2014 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook