1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help please -- Model of the capacitance and dielectric

1. Oct 24, 2014 #1
    Hi everyone, I'm new in physics forum and this is my first post. So basically, our lecturer grouped us and gave each group a project to carry out. And the only information that we got is the name ( The one we got is "Model of the capacitance and dielectric" ).

With only this information, me and my group doesn't really know what project to do. Please, someone help give some ideas and shed some light for our path. :L

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2014 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, Jason.

(Since this thread is about schoolwork, I've moved it to the Homework Help section of the PF.)

Start by reading about capacitance and capacitors, and then do some reading about dielectrics and how they change the characteristics of a capacitor (versus a capacitor that just has air between the parallel plates). You can use Wikipedia for a start, and then use Google or your textbooks for more information. If you have a specific question about your reading, please link to it here and ask your question. :-)

4. Oct 25, 2014 #3
    Anyone? Any ideas?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted