Help simulating my circuit with Electronics simulator

In summary, the conversation is about designing a circuit for an Electronics final using a simulator, specifically Partsim. The circuit is a BJT amplifier with the output on the collector leg and the input on the emitter leg. The speaker is having trouble selecting an output and making sure the GND is connected properly. They also mention that the desired transistor is not available as an option. They request for a picture of the circuit and a reminder to check the GND connection and use a probe for voltage measurement.
Spirula
I designed a circuit for my take-home Electronics final (for which we can use Google etc.) but I can't figure out how to test it in an electronics simulator. I'm trying to use Partsim and don't know what to do about outputs/inputs. It's a BJT amplifier. The output is supposed to be on the collector leg (Vcc -> resistor -> output -> collector leg) and the input is on the emitter leg (input -> cap -> voltage divider -> emitter leg). But the program is being weird and I don't know how to pick an output... I set up the rest of the circuit fine (except that the transistor I want to use isn't one of the options).

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you post a pic of your circuit?

Also check you have the GND connected properly and that you've attached a probe to the point where you want to measure the voltage.

What is an electronics simulator?

An electronics simulator is a software tool that allows you to model and analyze electronic circuits without physically building them. It uses mathematical models to simulate the behavior of electronic components and their interactions within a circuit.

Why do I need to simulate my circuit?

Simulating your circuit allows you to test its functionality and performance before physically building it. It can help you identify potential issues and make necessary adjustments to optimize your circuit design.

What types of circuits can be simulated with an electronics simulator?

Electronics simulators can be used to simulate a wide range of circuits, including analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits. They are also useful for simulating complex circuits with multiple components and interactions.

What information do I need to input into the simulator?

The specific information required will depend on the simulator and the complexity of your circuit. Generally, you will need to input the components used in your circuit, their values or parameters, and the connections between them.

Are there any limitations to simulating my circuit with an electronics simulator?

While electronics simulators are powerful tools, they do have limitations. They rely on mathematical models, which may not always accurately reflect the behavior of real-world components. It's important to verify the simulation results with physical testing before implementing your circuit.