Hey Janus, where did you get the NASA patches from?

• NASA
  • Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hey Nasa
In summary, the conversation mainly revolves around Janus submitting a picture of NASA space mission patches to a contest. The topic also includes questions about obtaining the patches, with one person receiving a mail ad to purchase them and another asking if NASA released a patch for the 2006 space launch. There is also a discussion about how patches are made and whether anyone has made their own. One person mentions getting a patch from a Science Fiction Convention in 1980.
heartless
It mostly concerns Janus, as I remember he submitted a picture of NASA spsace mission patches somewhere to the contest, but anyone who knows would be divine as well. [comments welcome as well]

How do you get the patches? (Here some other well known questions.)

I received a mail ad to buy these patches for 4.95 + album free, and hear this: they'll let you take a look at a patch, and even hold in your hand for... Free! (it really says so).

But of course you guys know... money can't buy everything. I don't want to pay and then boast my collection, I'd like to collect them, not buy.

Any ideas?

// BTW, did NASA release a patch also for 2006's space launch?
// also, how are patches made? Have you ever made your own?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Most of mine were mail order. The Viking Mission patch I picked up at a Science Fiction Convention in 1980 call "Vikingcon". It was convention run in order to raise money to keep the Mars Viking landers operating.

I only have one patch but it's a pretty good one.

PLAIN]

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Hey Janus, where did you get the NASA patches from?

1. Where did you get the NASA patches from?

I obtained the NASA patches from the official NASA store, as they are the only authorized retailer of these patches.

2. Are the NASA patches authentic?

Yes, the NASA patches I have are authentic and officially licensed by NASA. They are exact replicas of the patches worn by astronauts on their missions.

3. Can anyone purchase the NASA patches?

Yes, the NASA patches are available for purchase by anyone. However, they can only be bought from the official NASA store or other authorized retailers.

4. What is the significance of the NASA patches?

The NASA patches represent the achievements and missions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. They are symbols of the hard work, dedication, and bravery of astronauts and scientists who have contributed to space exploration.

5. Are the NASA patches collectible items?

Yes, the NASA patches are highly sought after by collectors and space enthusiasts. They hold historical and cultural significance, making them valuable items to add to a collection.

Back