Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HEY! Someone could lose an eye.

1. Dec 3, 2004 #1
    I must have sucker written all over my face. Today when I went to work the plan was to have me using the GPS while the guy I work with used the robotic to check some construction that was taking place right underneath some power lines. After we started working he called me on the phone and said the robotic wasn't working and he needed my help. I went down there and saw that he had an old Sokkia set up. He needed me to run the gun while he held the prism rod. I said sure, no problem, I went to the gun and as I leaned forward ZAP a spark shocked me in the eyebrow. I laughed and rubbed the spot then leaned forward ZAP right in the eyebrow. The old Sokkia's have a metal case and I guess being underneath those big powerlines causes it to pick up a charge. Everytime I leaned forward I got zapped. I finally took a piece of electrical tape and taped my eyebrow. Then forgot it was still there. I went to Circle K and got a drink with a Groucho Marx eyebrow.
    PS The guy I work with is pretty good at keeping a straight face. He didn't tell me til later that there was nothing wrong with the robotic and he had been planning to zap my eye for about 3 weeks.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 4, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I :rofl: just :rofl: saw :rofl: this :rofl: post. :rofl:

This reminded me of something else. I was in Oregon quite a few years ago for a conference. A group of us took an extra couple days to drive out to the coast and sightsee along the way. I have no idea where we were, but we found a scenic spot to park overlooking a beach (we headed down to the beach afterward). Over in the corner of the parking area was a monument in the shape of a surveyor's transit, with a plaque on it "in memory of..." and someone's name. What struck me as funny is how very close this monument was to the cliff's edge. At the time I was dating a civil engineer, so I took a picture of it and sent it to him with the added caption, "Just one more step back." :biggrin:

4. Dec 4, 2004 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PLEASE DON'T THROW TRIBDOG INTO THE VOLCANO!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really, really really love these periodic hysterical total-belly-laughs-almost-to-the-point-of-pain that he brings to my life!! Don't worry, trib! I won't let them get you! I have a TURBO RV, three full tanks of gas and a lead foot! :biggrin: :devil: :biggrin:

5. Dec 4, 2004 #4

plover

Homework Helper

Hasn't he proven himself to be more or less indestructible at this point? I mean sure he gets dinged up a bit, but he always seems to get scraped off the ceiling, or retrieved from the mine shaft, or get all his limbs reattached in time for his next post. You know, sort of like Wile E. Coyote... Just try dropping an anvil on him, you'll see...
    :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

6. Dec 4, 2004 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oooh, can I? Can I? :rofl: My favorite part is that they let him walk around with tape on his eyebrow all day! :rofl:

7. Dec 4, 2004 #6
    Ha what a loser for falling for such a trick!

8. Dec 4, 2004 #7

HEY!!! Tribdog may be a loser, but he's our loser!!!!

9. Dec 4, 2004 #8
    I'm such a jerk. That one comment and I'm going to be a dick to Andy for the rest of my life. I wish I didn't hold grudges, or make snap decisions.

10. Dec 4, 2004 #9
    Its ok tribdog, you want us to slash his tires real nice-like for ya?

11. Dec 5, 2004 #10
    I was being a dick before you where born.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?