Hi all, i have been a member of a few IT and hacking forums but they

In summary, the conversation is about a person who has joined a forum for physics and is hoping to learn from the members. They mention their previous experiences with IT and hacking forums and express their willingness to learn from people in any field. The conversation then shifts to discussing fish and the purpose they serve, with a reference to a past incident involving a goldfish and a tuna.
onewhosighs
Hi all, i have been a member of a few IT and hacking forums but they always get full of arrogant little kids who seem to have nothing better to do than to wind me up. Then I found this place, by no means am I a physicist (got A* in science GCSE then joined the army...) however I am hoping to learn from you guys and in a couple years go back to school.

EDIT: I read above and wanted to point out the part about the previous IT forums is inconsequential - I am willing to listen to any person's expertise regardless of the field

Physics news on Phys.org

Welcome to PF!
Tell us, what is your favorite fish? I hear Salmon is doing well this time of year.

Welcome to THE PF. [:biggrin:]

Btw onewhosighs, it won't really matter what fish you'll choose, they all end up serving the same purpose. o:)

Gad said:
Welcome to THE PF. [:biggrin:]

...they all end up serving the same purpose. o:)

Well, yeah—but some hurt less than others.

Danger said:
Well, yeah—but some hurt less than others.

Yes, we all remember the goldfish vs tuna incident.

What is the purpose of being a member of IT and hacking forums?

The purpose of being a member of IT and hacking forums is to connect with like-minded individuals, share knowledge and resources, and stay updated on the latest developments in the field of technology and hacking. It also provides a platform for discussions and collaborations on various projects.

What are the benefits of being part of a hacking community?

Being part of a hacking community can offer several benefits such as learning new techniques and tools, receiving help and support from experienced members, and networking opportunities. It can also help in improving one's skills and staying updated on the latest security measures.

Is it legal to be a member of a hacking forum?

Being a member of a hacking forum itself is not illegal. However, engaging in illegal activities such as hacking into someone's computer or network without their consent is a crime. It is important to adhere to ethical and legal standards while being a member of a hacking forum.

Can beginners join IT and hacking forums?

Yes, beginners can join IT and hacking forums. These forums often have beginner-friendly sections and resources to help newcomers learn and understand the basics of hacking. It is important to follow the forum's rules and guidelines and ask for help when needed.

How can one ensure their safety while being a member of a hacking forum?

To ensure safety while being a member of a hacking forum, one should avoid sharing personal information, use a secure and anonymous username, and be cautious of suspicious links or downloads. It is also important to follow the forum's rules and avoid engaging in illegal activities.