Welcome Back: Reuniting with the PF Community and Renewing Discussions

• Thread starter AnTiFreeze3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, the conversation touches on the passing of time and changing priorities in life, leading to a lack of presence on a forum. The speaker expresses missing the forum and its members, and mentions a notable member with a Samuel Johnson quote in their signature. They also mention a thesis challenging Johnson's views on women and express feeling misunderstood. The conversation ends with the speaker being welcomed back to the forum.
AnTiFreeze3
It's been a while, hasn't it. Life rolls about, priorities alter, sometimes I feel as though I'm accomplishing something aside from absolute decadence, and as a byproduct of all this, I stray from some truly formative sources like PF.

I miss a lot of you, and what I remember this forum as -- though I'm no authority on any recent changes as I simply haven't been here.

To anyone who remembers my stupidity, please say hello, but above all: who is the notable member who had a Samuel Johnson quote as his signature? Great quote, though he hinted towards the misogyny of Johnson. I recently read a thesis from U Maryland - College Park (maybe coincidentally a pretty good school for physics), and thought he should read it, as it challenges the orthodoxy of Johnson's beliefs towards women. It's not fun being misunderstood, presumably more so when we're not around to defend ourselves.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome back to the fold. You talk like you've just turned 50 and realize how much life has passed you by but that can't be until another 30 years or so right?

jedishrfu said:
Welcome back to the fold. You talk like you've just turned 50 and realize how much life has passed you by but that can't be until another 30 years or so right?

lol yeah, the age I have here is correct. It's only that it's been over a year since I've posted, and before that is was sparse; I'd rather not just start posting normally again without a formal "how're you doin?".

And thanks for the welcome-back :smile:

1. How has the PF community changed since last year?

The PF community has grown significantly over the past year, with many new members joining and contributing to discussions. There have also been updates and improvements to the forum's features and layout, making it easier to navigate and engage with other members.

2. What are some important topics being discussed in the PF community currently?

Currently, there are many ongoing discussions about personal finance strategies, investing tips, and budgeting techniques. Other popular topics include debt management, saving for retirement, and financial planning for different life stages.

3. How can I become more involved in the PF community?

There are many ways to become more involved in the PF community. You can participate in discussions by sharing your own experiences and advice, or by asking questions and seeking guidance from other members. You can also join groups or events organized by the community and contribute to online resources such as blogs or podcasts.

4. Is it necessary to have a background in finance to participate in discussions?

No, it is not necessary to have a background in finance to participate in discussions. The PF community welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and levels of knowledge. It is a great place to learn from others and share your own experiences and insights.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in discussions in the PF community?

Yes, there are guidelines for participating in discussions in the PF community. These include being respectful to others, avoiding spam or self-promotion, and staying on topic. It is also important to fact-check information before sharing it and to consider different perspectives and opinions. You can read the full guidelines on the forum's website.