Hilarious quotes from politicians

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary, Silvio Berlusconi and Putin both compared Italy to a great place to invest, while Biden and Bush discussed the benefits of being a good wife and mother. Bachmann warned that Guam would capsize, and Quayle addressed the unemployed.
rootX
I came across few dumb republicans' quotes. But, I didn't find any place appropriate for posting those. Neither, I wanted to single out one party. So, I created a thread for quotes from all the politicians.

The quotes can either be clever or just dumb.

Starting off with my two favorite politicians.

Silvio Berlusconi:
"Italy is now a great country to invest in... today we have fewer communists and those who are still there deny having been one. Another reason to invest in Italy is that we have beautiful secretaries... superb girls."

Putin:
When Hilary Clinton said Vladimir Putin doesn't have a soul, Putin responded "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head".

Physics news on Phys.org
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream ..." -- George W. Bush

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." –Joe Biden, referring to Barack Obama at the beginning of the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007

Candidate for mayor of NYC speaking before an African-American audience.

Mario Procaccino said:
My heart is as black as yours.

wiki - and therefor unreliable.

"I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter."

"Why should I go and do something like that? But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands."

Bachmann

"My fear is that the whole island [of Guam] will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

Hank Johnson, Democrat-GA

rootX said:
"I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter."

She must have meant the mother suffered from it.

rootX said:
'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIIwqafrO4

"You all look like happy campers to me. Happy campers you are, happy campers you have been, and, as far as I am concerned, happy campers you will always be."

Dan Quayle to unemployed Hawaiians living on the beach

“This is an impressive crowd: the haves, and the have-mores. Some people call you the elite, I call you my base.”

President George W. Bush

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

President George W. Bush

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.
- Ronald Reagan

I found out I'm going to Latin America next, and I'm wishing I'd studied Latin now.

- Dan Quaylevs

Last edited by a moderator:
"you won't have dick nixon to kick around anymore because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference."

I'm not a politician
- Michele Bachmann [five minutes ago]

Of course, based on the primary results in Iowa, her statement could be taken as accurate.

Last edited:
Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country
- Bush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciTKhfCV2Ek

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Of course, based on the primary results in Iowa, her statement could be taken as accurate.

Yah, if she said it today, she's just stating a fact now :biggrin:

Tea Jay said:
I found out I'm going to Latin America next, and I'm wishing I'd studied Latin now.

- Dan Quayle
potato
potatas
potatat
potatamus
potatatis
potatant.

"Is our children learning?" "...childrens do learn..."

GW Bush

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/vurxwy/is-our-children-learning [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
AlephZero said:
potato
potatas
potatat
potatamus
potatatis
potatant.

So "potato" is a verb? My Latin-English dictionary has a word "potatio" which it translates as a feminine noun: drinking (which is what I'm doing right now)

SW VandeCarr said:
So "potato" is a verb? My Latin-English dictionary has a word "potatio" which it translates as a feminine noun: drinking (which is what I'm doing right now)

Oh, so that's where the word potable comes from!

Moonbear said:
Oh, so that's where the word potable comes from!

Yup! My handy Latin dictionary gives two translations for the English verb "to drink": "bibere" and "potare". I guess the choice depends on what you're drinking. We're drinking some Russian potato vodka right now.

Last edited:

1. What makes a quote from a politician hilarious?

A quote from a politician can be considered hilarious if it is unexpected, ironic, or uses clever wordplay to make a humorous point.

2. Are politicians intentionally trying to be funny with their quotes?

While some politicians may use humor intentionally, many hilarious quotes from politicians are often spontaneous and unintentional.

3. What are some famous examples of hilarious quotes from politicians?

Some famous examples include former US President George W. Bush's "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully" and former UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill's "I may be drunk, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

4. How do politicians respond when their quotes are considered hilarious?

Politicians may either embrace the humor and use it to their advantage, or they may try to clarify or retract their statements if they feel they have been misunderstood or taken out of context.

5. Can hilarious quotes from politicians have an impact on their reputation or career?

Yes, depending on the context and audience, a hilarious quote from a politician can either enhance their likeability and relatability or damage their credibility and professionalism.