Hilarious quotes from politicians

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
I came across few dumb republicans' quotes. But, I didn't find any place appropriate for posting those. Neither, I wanted to single out one party. So, I created a thread for quotes from all the politicians.

The quotes can either be clever or just dumb.

Starting off with my two favorite politicians.

Silvio Berlusconi:
"Italy is now a great country to invest in... today we have fewer communists and those who are still there deny having been one. Another reason to invest in Italy is that we have beautiful secretaries... superb girls."

Putin:
When Hilary Clinton said Vladimir Putin doesn't have a soul, Putin responded "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head".

Answers and Replies

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream ..." -- George W. Bush

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." –Joe Biden, referring to Barack Obama at the beginning of the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007

"I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter."

"Why should I go and do something like that? But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands."

Bachmann

"My fear is that the whole island [of Guam] will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

Hank Johnson, Democrat-GA

Pengwuino
Gold Member
"I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter."
She must have meant the mother suffered from it.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIIwqafrO4

"You all look like happy campers to me. Happy campers you are, happy campers you have been, and, as far as I am concerned, happy campers you will always be."

Dan Quayle to unemployed Hawaiians living on the beach

“This is an impressive crowd: the haves, and the have-mores. Some people call you the elite, I call you my base.”

President George W. Bush

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

President George W. Bush

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.
- Ronald Reagan

I found out I'm going to Latin America next, and I'm wishing I'd studied Latin now.

- Dan Quayle

vs

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"you won't have dick nixon to kick around anymore because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference."

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm not a politician
- Michele Bachmann [five minutes ago]

Of course, based on the primary results in Iowa, her statement could be taken as accurate.

Last edited:
Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country
- Bush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciTKhfCV2Ek

Last edited:
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Of course, based on the primary results in Iowa, her statement could be taken as accurate.
Yah, if she said it today, she's just stating a fact now :biggrin:

AlephZero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I found out I'm going to Latin America next, and I'm wishing I'd studied Latin now.

- Dan Quayle
potato
potatas
potatat
potatamus
potatatis
potatant.

"Is our children learning?" "...childrens do learn....."

GW Bush

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/vurxwy/is-our-children-learning [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
potato
potatas
potatat
potatamus
potatatis
potatant.
So "potato" is a verb? My Latin-English dictionary has a word "potatio" which it translates as a feminine noun: drinking (which is what I'm doing right now)

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
So "potato" is a verb? My Latin-English dictionary has a word "potatio" which it translates as a feminine noun: drinking (which is what I'm doing right now)
Oh, so that's where the word potable comes from!

Oh, so that's where the word potable comes from!
Yup! My handy Latin dictionary gives two translations for the English verb "to drink": "bibere" and "potare". I guess the choice depends on what you're drinking. We're drinking some Russian potato vodka right now.

Last edited: