Climbing Mexico's Mountains: A Week-Long Adventure with Russ

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
In summary: Regardless, hope you're enjoying yourself to the max. Next time you go, remember that I'm still flexible enough to fit into a large suitcase. :biggrin:In summary, Russ went on a hike with his boss and another coworker and reached the top of a cross. They found an easier way down, and Russ is looking forward to returning next week. He mentioned that he's been in Mexico for the past week on business, and that he's not sure if anyone has noticed a reduced post rate. He attached a pic of the mountain he climbed.
I thought Mexico is a wonderful place!

Physics news on Phys.org
I've been in Nogales a few times and thought it was great.

I just got back from 'Rocky Point' and that was the worst place I have ever been to in my entire life!

Lisa! said:
I thought Mexico is a wonderful place!
The problem isn't with Mexico, its with the work and with being away from home.

I myself can't stand being away from home for more than a week but as soos as I get home ,I feel bad for some days.
anyway,your situation is different because you're working there!

Good luck

Look what I did tonight...

Tonight I found a problem with a damper in a duct and had to crawl inside the duct to adjust the range of motion on the linkages. It was actually kinda fun...but I still want to go home. I have a plane ticket for Friday, but at the moment it looks like I won't be using it.

Attachments

• russ duct1.jpg
    russ duct1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 381
It's still pending.ah I can't wait!

I'm home! My apartment, my bed, my car, my golf clubs, my cats, my telescope, my girls, my...beer!

But I still might be going back...

russ_watters said:
I'm home! My apartment, my bed, my car, my golf clubs, my cats, my telescope, my girls, my...beer!

But I still might be going back...

Girls? Plural? No wonder you couldn't wait to get back! :rofl:

Doesn't home feel so much more wonderful when you've been away that long? When I used to have to travel more often, I got like that. I just wanted to spend a whole month without traveling, without living out of a suitcase, with all the amenities of home, being able to cook for myself and enjoy a bath without wondering how well it had been cleaned (or not), sleeping in my own bed that wasn't lumpy or too soft or too hard or not enough blankets, etc.

Oh, and now that the attachment is approved, what do you think you are, a surgeon? Cute hat. :rolleyes: :rofl: (I really hate those bouffant caps, and since I have long hair, that's the kind I'm stuck wearing when I do surgeries because the cool looking ones don't have enough room to tuck in my hair...I'm thinking of sewing my own though, something more like a chef's hat so there's room to tuck my hair in the top, but I don't have to wear those lame poofy disposable things). I'll get some goofy fabrics, like what the pediatrics nurses have for their scrub tops; maybe I can find one with a sheep print. Then at least people can laugh at me and my surgeon's cap for good reason! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Girls? Plural? No wonder you couldn't wait to get back! :rofl:
I was wondering if anyone would notice that...
Oh, and now that the attachment is approved, what do you think you are, a surgeon? Cute hat. :rolleyes: :rofl: (I really hate those bouffant caps, and since I have long hair, that's the kind I'm stuck wearing when I do surgeries because the cool looking ones don't have enough room to tuck in my hair...I'm thinking of sewing my own though, something more like a chef's hat so there's room to tuck my hair in the top, but I don't have to wear those lame poofy disposable things). I'll get some goofy fabrics, like what the pediatrics nurses have for their scrub tops; maybe I can find one with a sheep print. Then at least people can laugh at me and my surgeon's cap for good reason! :biggrin:
Leave it to you to critique my clothing - I was more interested in the fact that I was in an a/c duct 14 feet off the floor.

russ_watters said:
Leave it to you to critique my clothing - I was more interested in the fact that I was in an a/c duct 14 feet off the floor.

:rofl: Well, I can see you're in an AC duct, but the picture doesn't show how far off the floor you are. I guess that adds a good deal of incentive to guarantee solid construction when you design the system. :biggrin: *cues Mission Impossible theme while Russ crawls around in ducts* Really, I had no idea people could actually crawl around inside of them; I always thought that was something just done in movies!