Holland vs Ivory Coast: Who Should Start Up Front?

• Thread starter siddharth
  • Start date
In summary, Netherlands played well and Ivory coast played well. Ivory coast deserved to win, but Netherlands played well and should win.
siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Crucial game between two strong teams in the group of death. After the last game, who do you think should start up front for Holland? Van Nistelrooy or Dirk Kuyt?

Physics news on Phys.org
Nistelrooy

Anttech said:
Nistelrooy

He started, and scored. 2-1 to holland at half-time. Awesome game! I can't wait to see how this one ends.

Ahem...

Netherlands vs Côte d'Ivoire

I really wanted Côte d'Ivoire to win. Wouldn't that have made Arg v Ned more interesting.

Côte d'Ivoire played really well! There are some real stars in that team. Kone scored a stunner. Zokora is really good. Did anyone see that spin he did in midfield? And the audacious flick by Drogba?

neutrino said:
I really wanted Côte d'Ivoire to win. Wouldn't that have made Arg v Ned more interesting.

Or, at least, a tie.

NateTG said:
Or, at least, a tie.
Yep, that match definitely needed an equaliser.

NateTG said:
Or, at least, a tie.

Aggreed, The IVORY COAST (no offence to the francophiles :) )deserved another goal. NL don't look so good, ARG should beat them

I'm just looking at the scoreboard on Google and it says that Kone (CIV) scored off an assist from Robben (NED)! How did that happen?

Originally Posted by Gokul43201

I'm just looking at the scoreboard on Google and it says that Kone (CIV) scored off an assist from Robben (NED)! How did that happen?

That did not happen. It was a superb solo run and long range finish. Brilliant goal. This is probably the best game so far.

Exciting game. I think Ivory Coast was underrated because of being an African team rather than Netherlands playing badly. Both Argentina and Netherlands should win in the round of 16 - they play the Portugal-Mexio group survivors.

I thought the referee had a bad first half, though. The first three cards were undeserved while Boularouz definitely deserved one for his tackle.

Wasn't as good as I expected. Perhaps, I underestimated Ivory Coast, they did put up a tough fight. To be fair to Ivory Coast, I do not agree with some of the refree's decisions for Ivory Coast, some were pretty unreasonable. The Dutch team also did not seem to be at their best.

It's almost dead certain that Holland will win. Brave or no brave, Ivory Coast lack the crucial ingredients to win this game.

DM said:
It's almost dead certain that Holland will win. Brave or no brave, Ivory Coast lack the crucial ingredients to win this game.

Did you watch the match?
Ivory coast dominated the second half and if not for some brave defending, the dutch could have easily lost. I think Ivory coast is a top team, and were unlucky to lose this game.

Actually I confused matches. Forget what I said.

1. What are the strengths of Holland's front line?

The Holland team has a strong and experienced front line, with players like Memphis Depay, Luuk de Jong, and Steven Berghuis. They are known for their speed, agility, and creative playmaking abilities.

2. What makes Ivory Coast's front line a formidable opponent?

Ivory Coast's front line consists of talented players such as Wilfried Zaha, Nicolas Pepe, and Max Gradel. They are known for their physical strength, dribbling skills, and ability to score goals under pressure.

3. How do the two teams' playing styles differ?

Holland tends to play a possession-based game, focusing on ball control and quick passing to create scoring opportunities. Ivory Coast, on the other hand, relies on a more direct and physical style of play, often using long balls and counterattacks to catch their opponents off guard.

4. Who has a better track record in international tournaments?

Holland has a long history of success in international tournaments, having won the European Championship in 1988 and finishing as runners-up in the World Cup three times. Ivory Coast has yet to win a major international tournament, but they have made it to the World Cup three times and have won the African Cup of Nations twice.

5. Which team is favored to win the match?

It is difficult to say for certain, as both teams have strong players and a chance of winning. However, based on their past performances and current rankings, Holland may have a slight advantage over Ivory Coast in this match.