Holland vs Ivory Coast

• Thread starter siddharth
  • Start date
siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Crucial game between two strong teams in the group of death. After the last game, who do you think should start up front for Holland? Van Nistelrooy or Dirk Kuyt?

Answers and Replies

Nistelrooy

siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Anttech said:
Nistelrooy

He started, and scored. 2-1 to holland at half-time. Awesome game! I can't wait to see how this one ends.

dav2008
Gold Member
Ahem...

Netherlands vs Côte d'Ivoire

I really wanted Côte d'Ivoire to win. Wouldn't that have made Arg v Ned more interesting.

siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Côte d'Ivoire played really well! There are some real stars in that team. Kone scored a stunner. Zokora is really good. Did anyone see that spin he did in midfield? And the audacious flick by Drogba?

NateTG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
neutrino said:
I really wanted Côte d'Ivoire to win. Wouldn't that have made Arg v Ned more interesting.

Or, at least, a tie.

NateTG said:
Or, at least, a tie.
Yep, that match definitely needed an equaliser.

NateTG said:
Or, at least, a tie.

Aggreed, The IVORY COAST (no offence to the francophiles :) )deserved another goal. NL dont look so good, ARG should beat them

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm just looking at the scoreboard on Google and it says that Kone (CIV) scored off an assist from Robben (NED)! How did that happen?

Originally Posted by Gokul43201

I'm just looking at the scoreboard on Google and it says that Kone (CIV) scored off an assist from Robben (NED)! How did that happen?

That did not happen. It was a superb solo run and long range finish. Brilliant goal. This is probably the best game so far.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Exciting game. I think Ivory Coast was underrated because of being an African team rather than Netherlands playing badly. Both Argentina and Netherlands should win in the round of 16 - they play the Portugal-Mexio group survivors.

I thought the referee had a bad first half, though. The first three cards were undeserved while Boularouz definitely deserved one for his tackle.

Wasn't as good as I expected. Perhaps, I underestimated Ivory Coast, they did put up a tough fight. To be fair to Ivory Coast, I do not agree with some of the refree's decisions for Ivory Coast, some were pretty unreasonable. The Dutch team also did not seem to be at their best.

DM
It's almost dead certain that Holland will win. Brave or no brave, Ivory Coast lack the crucial ingredients to win this game.

siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
DM said:
It's almost dead certain that Holland will win. Brave or no brave, Ivory Coast lack the crucial ingredients to win this game.

Did you watch the match?
Ivory coast dominated the second half and if not for some brave defending, the dutch could have easily lost. I think Ivory coast is a top team, and were unlucky to lose this game.

DM
Actually I confused matches. Forget what I said.