Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework help forum previewing annoyance

1. Feb 17, 2008 #1
    Clicking "preview post" while posting in the homework forums appends the homework help template every time it's clicked. I preview often to check my latex, and it's a minor annoyance for this to happen. There must be an easy way to fix this, right?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 17, 2008 #2

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hmm. I always wondered why some people had copies of the template at the bottom of their posts...

I guess this is a bug.

4. Feb 18, 2008 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Its already known about. I don't know if Greg or chroot can do anything about it. Just delete the extra template after previewing.

5. Feb 18, 2008 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So have I!

awvvu,

I am powerless to do anything about this, but either of our Admins can look into it. If either Greg Bernhardt or chroot doesn't respond to this thread, try tapping them on the shoulder with a PM.

6. Feb 19, 2008 #5
    I don't think that works, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

7. Feb 19, 2008 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Astronuc had a fiddle about with it when it was first brought up, and that was his suggestion.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=183989

I suppose most new users, don't realise they can edit a post, or they're not really bothered by it.

8. Feb 19, 2008 #7

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

It's a bug in the template coding that repeats the template when doing a preview. For now, one simply deletes the redundant steps (1., 2., 3.) and then posts without previewing again.

9. Feb 19, 2008 #8
    Hmm well the HH template is a simple "template" hack. To fix the preview bug would likely move it to a code hack and I'd rather avoid that.

10. Feb 20, 2008 #9
    I think that if it results in more people using the template for their homework questions then it is worth the few seconds spent deleting the repeat. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?