Homogeneization of physic formula of electromagnetic field and velocity

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Plott029
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= I have a little problem with a formula, that I think it's not ok. It gives to me the result of units of electric potential ([tex]\vec A[/tex]) and velocity [tex]\vec v[/tex]. The result seems to be volts per velocity, and I don't know it there exists this unit, or is a mistake.

In other hand, when i try to develope the units of the magnetic field, if i use [tex]\vec v X \nabla X \vec A[/tex] it gives to me units of diference of potential per unit of time:

[tex]\frac {[L]}{[T} \frac {1}{[L]} \frac {[L]}{[T]} = <u>/[T]</u>[/tex]

and using tesla x velocity, it gives different result:
[tex]\frac {[L][M]}{[T]^3 <i>} </i>[/tex]

I don't know what I'm not doing correctly. Could you give me a little help?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe the problem is that I must utilize power ecuations... like UI and FV. The problem now is that I have an equation that has UIFV, with dimensions of power^2...
 
Plott029 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= I have a little problem with a formula, that I think it's not ok. It gives to me the result of units of electric potential ([tex]\vec A[/tex]) and velocity [tex]\vec v[/tex]. The result seems to be volts per velocity, and I don't know it there exists this unit, or is a mistake.

In other hand, when i try to develope the units of the magnetic field, if i use [tex]\vec v X \nabla X \vec A[/tex] it gives to me units of diference of potential per unit of time:

[tex]\frac {[L]}{[T} \frac {1}{[L]} \frac {[L]}{[T]} = <u>/[T]</u>[/tex]

I don't understand what you did here. Okay, I see that
v → L/T
del operator → 1/L
​
but why do you say
A → L/T ?​
A has units of Tesla·m, not m/s as you are implying.

and using tesla x velocity, it gives different result:
[tex]\frac {[L][M]}{[T]^3 <i>} </i>[/tex]

This is correct.

I don't know what I'm not doing correctly. Could you give me a little help?

Thanks.
See above; it looks like you incorrectly equated A with a velocity.