What is Primary Perception and How Can it Benefit the World?

• Thread starter kenneth558
  • Start date
  • Tags
    arduino
In summary, primary perception is the ability of plants and other living organisms to sense and respond to their environment. This concept challenges the traditional view of plants as passive and unfeeling beings, and suggests that they have a complex and intelligent way of interacting with the world. This understanding of primary perception can benefit the world by promoting a deeper appreciation and respect for all living beings, and potentially leading to new and innovative ways of solving environmental problems. It also has the potential to improve human health and well-being, as research has shown that exposure to plants and nature can have a positive impact on mental and physical health. By recognizing the importance of primary perception, we can create a more harmonious and sustainable relationship with the natural world.
kenneth558
Education:
- Associate of Science in Electronics Technology 1980
- Bachelor of Technology in Business Administration w/Management option 1991
- completed pre-Dentistry coursework (including the less-required Molecular Biology course) 2004
- Associate of Science in Dental Hygiene 2006
- Bachelor of General Studies in General Sciences 2010

As the well- rounded individual one becomes by age 58, I embrace many identities and have a few years work experience in the construction field (installing communications infrastructure as a Low-Voltage so-called Technician thinking it would be real technician work) while not embracing that identity.

Among my identities:
- God fearing man - a "believer", if you will, and I emphasize "believer" as opposed to most Christians, believers in name only
- highly skilled experienced Electronics Technician greatly enjoying circuitry and software design and development
- software developer specializing in what I call "office automation programming" (MS Office, etc.)
- computer network administrator
- CDL class A with the 3 popular endorsements and 16 months OTR
- RDH in Colorado, but soon retiring that license

Why I joined this forum: I googled "troll free forum". This forum was named by some random person as being one. I wish to bring my discussions over here that I started on a couple other forums. The topic is what is popularly called "primary perception". One of Mythbusters's episodes, entitled "Deadly Straw", air date 9/6/06, mangled their chance to demonstrate objectivity examining this subject. This world will benefit from utilizing this phenomenon, and I want to contribute to that end.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

If you see any issues with trolls or immature behavior, just click the "Report" link in the post and the Mentors will have a look.

Be sure to read over the PF rules if you haven't already -- you can get to them via INFO at the top of the page.

Enjoy! :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

If you see any issues with trolls or immature behavior, just click the "Report" link in the post and the Mentors will have a look.

Be sure to read over the PF rules if you haven't already -- you can get to them via INFO at the top of the page.

Enjoy! :smile:
Thank you kindly! I also found the "ignore" option.

kenneth558 said:
I wish to bring my discussions over here that I started on a couple other forums. The topic is what is popularly called "primary perception". One of Mythbusters's episodes, entitled "Deadly Straw", air date 9/6/06, mangled their chance to demonstrate objectivity examining this subject. This world will benefit from utilizing this phenomenon, and I want to contribute to that end.

Note that discussions here must be restricted to mainstream science (i.e. that found in textbooks), and not personal theories. That is one of the reasons these forums remain troll-free!

cristo said:
Note that discussions here must be restricted to mainstream science (i.e. that found in textbooks), and not personal theories. That is one of the reasons these forums remain troll-free!
Thank you GREATLY for the guidance. Let me ask this question: I will be observing measurements on plant tissues starting with leaves taken using a Galvanic Skin Response Grove Module. The measurements will be observed for correlation to external stimuli. The nature of the stimuli will gravitate to mental telepathy AFTER I am comfortable with my measurement techniques. Note that I only received the module today and have an unknown learning curve ahead of me. I will be confining the basis for my forum activity to the measurements and correlation to stimuli that I and others observe. If my electronic measuring device fails to evidence the specific correlation, I'll have no basis for further discussion beyond seeking help with my measurement technique. Anything wrong with that so far?

Again, I appreciate your reply!

kenneth558 said:
gravitate to mental telepathy
No can do here...

The gold standard is can you find a mainstream paper published in a peer-reviewed journal to base the discussion on.

berkeman said:
No can do here...

The gold standard is can you find a mainstream paper published in a pee-reviewed journal to base the discussion on.
kenneth558 said:
I will be confining the basis for my forum activity to the measurements and correlation to stimuli that I and others observe.
You've told me that I won't be welcome to seek advice here for electronic measurement technique in vitro just because of the planned FUTURE in vivo aspect of it? If I don't break forum rules in doing so, I appeal to a decision on this from a preponderance of the mentors.

Seriously, Thank you GREATLY!

kenneth558 said:
You've told me that I won't be welcome to seek advice here for electronic measurement technique in vitro just because of the planned FUTURE in vivo aspect of it? If I don't break forum rules in doing so, I appeal to a decision on this from a preponderance of the mentors.

You are free to ask questions within the mainstream. Once you invoke a non mainstream concept you will be violating the guidelines. Riding that line will be your risk.

kenneth558 said:

Greg Bernhardt said:
You are free the ask questions within the mainstream. Once you invoke a non mainstream concept you will be violating the guidelines. Riding that line will be your risk.
THANK YOU!

:biggrin:

https://previews.123rf.com/images/s...70-tightrope-walker-Stock-Vector-business.jpg
9896470-tightrope-walker-Stock-Vector-business.jpg

Likes kenneth558
Question that might save me some time, as long as you are being this responsive:

My OP will be in the form of a question directed to anyone having some experience measuring the electrical resistance of plant tissue if they can advise me on any of my concerns of signal-to-noise ratios and plant leaf surface contact materials and technique as well as advice toward equipment selection. Where would that question be appropriate?

Thank you!

kenneth558 said:
Where would that question be appropriate?
Probably the Medical forum, since it deals with tissue contact electrodes?

Do you have links to previous work of this type? How did they make electrical contact with the plant leaves? Do you just use the same contact pads as for an EEG or EKG?

Classical physics could also be interesting.

You'll probably need some sort of 4-point measurement. Non-isotropic resistance can be important as well.

mfb said:
Classical physics could also be interesting.

... Non-isotropic resistance can be important as well.
I would expect that if there is any galvanic action potentials at the points of contact. If I have to, I'll be investigating that possibility by varying the materials.

The module I just received is limited to single-polarity measuring current. If I have to, I'll also be cutting the ground trace (a substantial one - goes to ground plane) and supplying a reversible reference to the the probe set in order to alternate the measuring current. Whether I need to go that far depends on the strength of correlation I might find. If weak, I'll alternate it.

4-point resistance measurements? You mean Wheatstone bridge? I happen to have gotten a module based on conductance rather than resistance, either of which will satisfy me. The principles of measuring conductance use a bridge in a slightly different configuration than a standard Wheatstone, but regardless, it is contained within the electronic module not needing my modification except to adjust the gain...and change the polarity as I've mentioned.

I chose medical

Since this is "Member Introductions ONLY - No questions", so no discussions, this thread is closed.

As long as you stay within the guidelines, you will be ok, make sure you also read any additional rules that apply to sub-forums, these will be pinned at the top of those sub forums.

What is Primary Perception?

Primary perception is the ability of living organisms to sense and respond to their environment without the use of traditional sensory organs such as eyes, ears, or nose. It is a form of extrasensory perception that allows organisms to detect and respond to changes in their surroundings.

How does Primary Perception work?

The mechanism behind primary perception is still not fully understood, but it is believed to be a result of the electromagnetic fields that all living organisms emit. These fields can interact with the environment and provide information to the organism about its surroundings.

What are the potential benefits of Primary Perception?

Primary perception has the potential to greatly benefit the world in various ways. It can help organisms detect and respond to potential threats in their environment, improve their ability to find food and shelter, and enhance their overall survival and reproductive success. It also has applications in fields such as agriculture, medicine, and conservation.

How can Primary Perception be studied?

Primary perception is a complex phenomenon and studying it requires a multidisciplinary approach. Scientists use various techniques such as bioelectromagnetics, biophotonics, and neuroimaging to study the mechanisms and effects of primary perception in different organisms.

Is there scientific evidence for Primary Perception?

While there is still much to be learned about primary perception, there is a growing body of scientific evidence that supports its existence. Studies have shown that plants and animals can sense and respond to their environment in ways that cannot be explained by traditional sensory mechanisms. However, more research is needed to fully understand and harness the potential of primary perception.