How Can I Calculate Stress Points in My First Design?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Huumah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Design Stress
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Huumah
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
I'm trying my first design and want to make it successful before I actually make the product.
I want to calculate what the stresses are and where they are likely to be.

F is a varied load from -10 to 10 kN
RQoBtxw.png


To find the critical points, should I check the points that i labeled A, B , C , D ?

Which ones is most likely to have the most stress based on my design?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Huumah said:
I'm trying my first design and want to make it successful before I actually make the product.
I want to calculate what the stresses are and where they are likely to be.

F is a varied load from -10 to 10 kN
RQoBtxw.png


To find the critical points, should I check the points that i labeled A, B , C , D ?

That would seem to be a good start.

Which ones is most likely to have the most stress based on my design?

It's hard to say based solely on a visual inspection of your gizmo. That's why you should challenge yourself and investigate the stresses. It would be more helpful if you had some calculations to review.
 
Without any other support, the thing will just accelerate quickly in the direction of the force - probably not a realistic scenario.
Stress gets more interesting if the thing is attached to something else.