How can I find the adiabatic equation for real gases?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
AudriusR
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hey!
Maybe anyone knows, how to get real gas adiabatic equation. It's not a big deal, when you need to get ideal gas equation, but I haven't got any ideas about real gas. I'm wondering maybe it's something with Van der Waals equation, but in my opinion it can't be like this :

(p+a/V2)(V+b)[itex]\gamma[/itex] = constant


So any ideas? It would be great, if you could show me detailed answer.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I got an equation to solve for this, maybe anyone could help :

n Cv dT + an/V + nRT logV/ logbn = 0

How to get exact equation for adiabatic process from this ?
 
The van der Vaal equation does not hold for all gases or all conditions it has limits.