JoshB.
- 10
- 0
berkeman said:Looks more like a cylindrical package crystal from that angle...
davenn said:12.2x29 the x may be a 0 (zero)
JoshB. said:Dave - It says 12.288MHz
Maybe they rounded the .288 to .29?berkeman said:BTW, those two numbers are far enough apart that using the wrong frequency could affect circuit operation, especially in a radio receiver. I'd go with the frequency on the part. Do you have any idea why the frequency on the part differs from the silkscreen number on the PCB?
How can I find its load capacitance? I'm guessing 16pf.davenn said:its most likely to be the clock oscillator crystal for that large micro chip to the right of the crystal
I would hesitantly guess ( in this situation) that several 10's of kHz probably won't make too much differenceDave
JoshB. said:How can I find its load capacitance? I'm guessing 16pf.
JoshB. said:I really can't tell what the caps are - I am still very new to circuitry.
What would happen if I placed an incorrect crystal on this board?
JoshB. said:The SMT's are so small, there is nothing printed. I tried to get a picture, but my phone has no macro setting so close up photos are blurry. I'm going to hunt for the manual, but I doubt I'll find it.
Baluncore said:Why fix the crystal if it ain't broke? The brown stuff looks like glue to hold it in place.
And you wouldn't have the wherewithall to test it in any case. It will measure as an open circuit / very small capacitor. I guess if it had the damp in it, you may measure some conductance.davenn said:well he thought it was a capacitor initially
but it still begs the Q you asked ...
JoshB ... why do you want to replace the crystal ? it doesn't look damaged
This thread so so far offtrack because of things not being established in the original post
I think you need to start over and tell us all why you are delving into this receiver audio board unit and what is its fault / symptoms ?
Dave
Josh,JoshB. said:oh sorry - didnt know you had to signup for it.
Anyone know of a good free hosting site?