How can I improve my studying techniques for difficult subjects in university?

In summary: Also try and get a good rest. Cramming for difficult subjects can be disastrous. Finally try and find ways to relieve stress such as exercise, good diet, and sleep.
Guitar11
Hi, everyone!
Right now I'm on my second semester in university, and the problem I'm having now is that i find some kind difficult understand some classes like Integral Calculus, Statics and even Statistics and Probability and Statistics. Also on my first exams i got some low notes, so right now i would like to change that and get better grades. The only problem that i find also is that i think I'm not studying enough, also because the homework from the other subjects (but that's no excuse of course). And also like i said in the beginning , i find some kind difficult to understand some topics that the teacher is explaining, and it's so frustrating. So i would like to know, if anyone could give me some tips or techniques on how study better? I appreciate any help.
Thanks in Advance and have a nice day

Physics news on Phys.org
I found that just taking a break, it doesn't have to be a long one, just do something totally different and unrelated to 'study' of whatever the present agenda is - that can do wonders.

Likes PhanthomJay
What are you doing right now in terms of studying?

I think find a place to study where you can actually work. For example my room is not one of those places, I associate my room more with relaxing. I prefer to go to a library or local coffee shop for this reason.

One you have a place you can get work done getting into a schedule of doing a little work everyday is important. Trying to cram for classes that are difficult can be disastrous.

Then while studying make sure to take breaks. Get up stretch grab a drink of water anything to let the material digest a little. Any material or problems you are having trouble with try and post them here or bring them to your instructor or friends in your class. Working with other students on difficult subjects can really help and you can meet some friends this way.

Stress management techniques such as exercise good diet and sleep will help tremendously.

Thanks for your replies!
The way i study is that i look on my notebooks which topics i saw in the class and then i search for videos that explain it because I find that some of my teachers explains the classes some kind fast, for example in Integral Calculus. Also in last semester most of the days i was going to the library in the morning before classes and it worked great, but right now i seem to don't have any chance because I'm too tired or simply i would like to go and take a rest (i think because i don't sleep good enough).
I would make sure to do a schedule of the subjects i need to work on as well.

1. How can I improve my study habits?

There are several ways to improve your study habits, including creating a study schedule, finding a quiet and comfortable study space, using active learning techniques, and taking regular breaks.

2. What are some effective memorization techniques?

Some effective memorization techniques include using flashcards, creating mnemonic devices, and breaking information into smaller chunks to study over a longer period of time.

3. How can I stay focused while studying?

To stay focused while studying, try to eliminate distractions such as your phone or social media, set specific goals for each study session, and reward yourself after completing a set amount of studying.

4. What are some good ways to review material before a test?

Some good ways to review material before a test include practicing with past exams or quizzes, summarizing notes and key concepts, and teaching the material to someone else.

5. How can I manage my time effectively while studying?

To manage your time effectively while studying, try breaking up your study sessions into smaller chunks throughout the day, prioritizing tasks based on importance and difficulty, and using a planner or calendar to stay organized.