How can I make setup files install specific folders in different drives?

In summary, the speaker is seeking help with creating setup files that will install specific folders on the D drive for their visual basic program. They have found two options for achieving this, using the Windows API or native VB commands. They express gratitude for the assistance.
Hyperspace2
Hello computer geniuses. I am learning to develop visual basic program. For just now I have
developed the project of student database through text base mode. I know how to publish
the application to make set up files.

My main problem is that I need to make setup files install the folders name 2008, 2009 in D
root drive.

In detail
set up files should install the folder D:\2008\Diploma\1, D:\2008\Diploma\2,...
D:\Diploma\48

This is important and final part of project. I think this can be done after application starts. But I need to learn how to make this when somebody clicks my setup files.

I am very eager to get your ideas...

Technology news on Phys.org
Hey Hyperspace2.

You have a couple of options of doing this.

The first option is to use the Windows API. To do this you have to add some "declare" routines to your code. Here is some information for this kind of thing:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/172wfck9.aspx

The other way is to use the native VB commands themselves. Take a look at this:

http://www.vbexplorer.com/VBExplorer/vb_feature/may2000/may2000.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you sir for your help. I think I have figured it out.

Related to How can I make setup files install specific folders in different drives?

1. What is Visual Basic 2008?

Visual Basic 2008 is a programming language and integrated development environment (IDE) that was released by Microsoft in 2008. It is a popular programming language for creating Windows applications and is known for its user-friendly interface and ease of use.

2. What are the main features of Visual Basic 2008?

Some of the main features of Visual Basic 2008 include the ability to create graphical user interfaces (GUIs), support for object-oriented programming, easy integration with databases, and a large library of built-in functions and controls.

3. How do I create a program in Visual Basic 2008?

To create a program in Visual Basic 2008, you will need to first open the IDE and create a new project. Then, you can use the drag-and-drop interface to add controls and write code to make your program function. There are also many online tutorials and resources available to help you get started.

4. Can I use Visual Basic 2008 for web development?

While Visual Basic 2008 was primarily designed for creating Windows applications, it is possible to use it for web development. However, it may not have all the features and capabilities of other languages specifically designed for web development, such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

5. Is Visual Basic 2008 still supported by Microsoft?

No, Visual Basic 2008 is no longer supported by Microsoft as of 2017. However, it is still possible to use the language and IDE for developing applications. It is recommended to use a more recent version of Visual Basic or another programming language for new projects.