How can i receive Bluetooth signal in tiny robot ?

In summary, the conversation discusses creating a small robot controlled by Bluetooth from a cell phone. The suggested techniques include using an Arduino family bluetooth shield or using an old cell phone as the receiver. The website hackaday.com is recommended for more information. Another suggestion is to use a radio modem and a pager to operate the robot. A helpful website for this method is provided as well.
error 401
hi

i want to to create a small robot controlled by Bluetooth of cell phone but i wondered about how the robot can receive this signal ? what is the technique i should use in my tiny robot so i can control it ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I think the Arduino family has a bluetooth "shield", or you might consider just using an old cell-phone as the robot receiver as well. Look at hackaday.com for pages of information about how to hack bluetooth into stuff.

Try a radio modem and use a simple pager to operate your little robot via Bluetooth.

Last edited:

There are a few different techniques you can use to receive a Bluetooth signal in a tiny robot. One option is to use a Bluetooth module, which is a small electronic component that can be integrated into your robot's design. This module will allow your robot to communicate with other devices, such as a cell phone, via Bluetooth.

Another option is to use a microcontroller, such as an Arduino, which can also be equipped with a Bluetooth module. The microcontroller can receive the Bluetooth signal and then control the movement or actions of your tiny robot.

You could also consider using a wireless receiver that is specifically designed for receiving Bluetooth signals. This would eliminate the need for a separate module or microcontroller, making the design of your tiny robot simpler.

Ultimately, the technique you choose will depend on the specific capabilities and design of your tiny robot. It's important to carefully research and plan out your design to ensure that the Bluetooth signal can be received and utilized effectively.

1. How does Bluetooth technology work?

Bluetooth technology uses radio waves to transmit data between devices. The devices must be within a certain range of each other and must have Bluetooth capabilities.

2. Can any robot receive a Bluetooth signal?

No, in order for a robot to receive a Bluetooth signal, it must have a Bluetooth receiver or module installed. This allows the robot to communicate with other devices that have Bluetooth capabilities.

3. How can I add Bluetooth capabilities to my robot?

You can add Bluetooth capabilities to your robot by purchasing a Bluetooth module or receiver and connecting it to your robot's microcontroller. You will also need to program the microcontroller to communicate with the Bluetooth module.

4. What is the range of Bluetooth signals?

The range of Bluetooth signals can vary depending on the device and the environment. Typically, the range is between 10-30 meters, but it can be extended with the use of signal boosters or repeaters.

5. Can multiple robots receive the same Bluetooth signal?

Yes, multiple robots can receive the same Bluetooth signal as long as they are within range and have Bluetooth capabilities. This allows for coordination and communication between multiple robots in a group or team.