• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

How can we pump air into a bicycle tire without opening the valve?

Homework Statement
How can we pump air into bicycle tire without opening the valve?
Homework Equations
How can we pump air into bicycle tire without opening the valve?
How can we pump air into bicycle tire without opening the valve? I mean If valve (dunlop bicycle valve)is closed, then how pumped air going into the tire?

BvU

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
As soon as the pressure from the pump is higher than the pressure in the tyre, the air coming out of the small hole pushes the rubber hose outwards and finds its way through

I think the ones without a rubber hose have a little plastic ball that blocks the air from getting out but not from getting in.

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Do any of these responses answer the core question?

It seems to be the OP is asking for an alternate way to fill up a tire without opening the valve - regardless of what type of valve it is.

I can think of at least one way of getting air into a tire that doesn't open the valve. Most coastal cities will be able to accommodate.

[ EDIT ]

I mean If valve (dunlop bicycle valve)is closed, then how pumped air going into the tire?
Okay, maybe you guys are on the right track.

BvU

Science Advisor
Homework Helper