Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i connect this V-I converter up

1. Feb 20, 2013 #1
    Hi all,

I need to have an AC current source for testing but i do not have any equipment that can generate an AC current source. I have a function generator to produce an AC sine voltage and thinking to convert V to I using the transconductance op amp.

The first stage of my test circuit consists of an tranimpedance amplifier with other stages at the back and how can i connect V to I and I to V up? (Ciruit as attached)

Is there any other suggestion for the conversion of the AC voltage source to AC current souce from function generator?

Attached Files:

• Cct.png
      Cct.png
      File size:
      17.4 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2013 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

You could just use a resistor to convert your voltage source to a current. What is the load impedance of your circuit?

Or else just use the left-hand circuit in your attachment...

4. Feb 21, 2013 #3
    If I use a resistor to convert to current, wouldn't the transimpedance amplifier become an inverting amplifier as the resistor will be in series at the input?

Is there a way to connect up the left hand side current output the the input at the right hand side?

5. Feb 21, 2013 #4
    Any suggestions?

6. Feb 21, 2013 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Does this thread from early February help?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=669659

7. Feb 21, 2013 #6
    The circuit from the thread you have given me, is the same mine with R2 removed.

I'm not sure how to carry this out using my circuit, or another other method.

For my circuit,
    - The left side circuit need to the 2 points to be connected for current to flow
    - But right side circuit has only one current input point to -ve input

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook