How do I find the Taylor series of ln(x) about x=e?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
pnazari
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I was wondering if someone can give me some tips for finding the taylor series of functions. For example this was a test question we had:

Find the taylor series of f(x)=ln(x) about x=e

I know how to start it off but I get confused halfway through and can't seem to figure out what to do. Are there some simple steps? Any help/tips will be appreciated.

For me, this is the hardest section of Calc. II
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There aren't really any advice here.You just make sure the function is analytical in that point,which,in this case is...

So differentiate and write that series...

Daniel.
 
Find as much information as you can about f(x), usually f(e), f'(e) f''(e) if u can get that far. then find a pattern from there and write a series.